Ezekiel 38, Jeremiah 50 and the Bushehr Reactor

So, according to news reports, Iran’s Bushehr reactor, is going on line this Saturday, the 21st.

What does this have to do with Ezekiel 38 and Jeremiah 50?
Persia is Iran and despite what other people will tell you, Magog is Russia.

The reactor, for those of you who don’t know, is Russian-made.

Russia has been supplying Iran with nuclear toys and aircraft since the Clinton administration.

Babylon, according to Google Maps, is about 400 miles away from this reactor.

If contaminated (say by an accident or the Israelis), the fallout radius would encompass Babylon, rendering it uninhabitable (Jeremiah).

So, are we poised to see one of the last unfulfilled Old Testment propehcies come true?

Who are you, exactly, what is your expertise in this subject, and what is your documentary support for this assertion?

Isn’t Persia Persia, under the rule of Cyrus the Great, who conquered the Babylonian Empire in the 6th century B.C.? And weren’t Ezekiel and Jeremiah written in that same century B.C.?

No, because the Bible is a book of superstitions that predates nuclear power by thousands of years. I don’t know what Gog and Magog refers to but I suspect that someone will be along shortly to explain that, like all the other End Times Bible prophecies I have seen, your interpretation of scripture is dubious.

Iran made one (unconfirmed) purchase of Russian aircraft in or around 2007. The only aircraft Iran is known to possess are American and Chinese.

400 miles? That would have to be one hell of a big accident. The Israelis could freaking nuke the place and babylon wouldn’t even notice. Time to go back to harrassing gays and Catholics, dude.

Ezekiel and Jeremiah were writing during the Babylonian exile and trying to reassure people that God would destroy Babylon and restore the Jews to Zion. Babylon eventually was captured by the Persians and the Jewish captives wnt back to Judah, but nothing really happened the way Ezekiel and Jeremiah fantasized that it would.

The exact identification of “Magog” is unknown, but it was likely a reference to Assyrians,

In any case, those books had everything to do with the Babylonian captivity of the Jews in the 6th Century BCE and absolutely zero to do with today. Those weren’t even accurate prophecies about what would happen to Babylon, much less about anything now.

Babylon.

And on.

Certainly, certainly. It’s the end times I tell you! You should probably be looking to get rid of all your worldly possessions in anticipation of Apocalypse. If you like, I will be more than happy to take them off your hands, since I’m not one of the Select, and so will be staying put, comes the Rapture. Sad for me, but good for you! Let me know when you need me to come take possession of all your stuff…

-XT

Nothing. The Bible is an incoherent collection of myths created by primitives, nothing more.

What is Ezekiel 38? Is that the one about the woman who wanted a man hung like a donkey and could ejaculate like a stallion?

That’s Ezekiel 23:20.

and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses.

I thought that was in Ron Jeremiah.

To the OP, aren’t Ezekiel 38 and 39 explicitly about the prince of Magog, a dude named Gog, who was living at that time and was known to the contemporary audience of the book?

I’d be more worried about Ezekiel 25:17.

She was hot for Democrats with equine colic?

Isn’t that just like the Dope? Take a high-minded theological discussion and drag it straight into the gutter! I love it here.

WIN!

Maybe it would help if you actually posted the relevant passages

Trust me, it wouldn’t.