Ever known someone who killed someone (not in war)??

Friedo’s thread reminded me of this.

Guy I used to know, super-peaceful, never been in fight in his life. BIG guy, though, 6’7’. Comes upon some guy slashing the tires on his car. Says “Hey!” and the guy turns on him with a knife. My friend throws ONE punch, the ONLY punch he had ever thrown in his life…and kills the guy! Bam! You dead!

Turns out my friend was a lot stronger than he knew and he shattered the guy’s jaw, and a piece of bone went into his brain and killed him pretty much instantly.

Weird! My friend was never charged with anything, but he was completely freaked out. He said he could never see himself raising his fists towards someone again. He was really torn up about it.

stoid

Knew a few people who killed themselves and a few others who had abortions, but I suppose those don’t count.

Well, I know someone who used to pull the heads off grasshoppers… I’m kinda glad I don’t know anyone that’s killed a person, especially since I’m 14.

Only some suicides and a hell of a lot attempted suicides.

What a terrible story :frowning: The poor guy.

dodgy

A friend of my parents is a bus driver and he once hit and killed a drunk who walked out into the road in front of him.
He was never charged for anything but he’s still feels guilty about it even after about 20 years.

Not sure of the details but a guy I used to go to school with is in prison for killing 2 elderly people. It’s really weird thinking about that because the last time I spoke to him we were both about 10 years old and I don’t remember him being much different from me. If whatever f***ed him up had happened to me, maybe I would have killed someone. Scary.

Kid I grew up with is serving a life sentence for murder during a robbery.

I once did Court Drawings for a case where this kid killed his whole family with a rifle one night. I didn’t know him, but I had a ton of friends in Opera and Theatre who did. I saw his statement on the stand, too.

Yep, a friend caught some wierded out man climbing into his daughters bedroom window one night. My friend had just gotten off work as an armed security guard. He hears the noise in his daughters room, and sees the guy coming in with a knife in his hand and a dollar bill stuck in his mouth. My friend shot him in the chest.

The guy went back out the window and stumbled around outside for a minute and died.

My firend faced no charges, no one ever figured out why the man had a dollar bill in hi mouth either.

Woman who did a hit and run on a jogger (she ultimately died when she plowed into the back end of a cement mixer).

Another woman who beat an old man over the head with a baseball bat (over a drug debt).

Another woman who stabbed a man over a pack of cigarettes

Three women who killed their abusive boyfriend/husbands.

Two men who killed their wives.

A man who killed his mother when he was 15

Another woman who let her boyfriend beat her toddler, then sat and watched as he bled to death internally (I knew the child).

Another woman, who, with a friend, shot and killed a police officer, then ran down the street, knocked on a door, shot and killed the woman who answered the door so they could steal her car.

Another woman who killed her two children by beating them to death.

Another few assorted vehicular homicides.

The above were all clients (some I knew before the event, others after)

People (other than clients) whom I have known who have killed:

Friend who committed suicide (almost killed his wife before he shot himself)

Ex brother in law who shot a deer - except it turned out to be a woman chopping down a Christmas tree.

Son of one client (I met him when he was 5), by the time he was 17 had beaten a man to death with a baseball bat over some food stamps.

Son of another client (I met him when he was 15), along with another friend, went to an apartment and shot the 3 adults who were there, killing 2. At that trial, I knew him, his mom, one of the victims, another of the co-conspirators (who got a hell of a plea bargain), the judge, the prosecutor, one of the defense attorneys and one juror.

Worked with a gentleman who had been a game warden for the Commonwealth of VA. He investigated a report of men spot-lighting deer and one of the men drew down on him. He said he didn’t even give the man an opportunity to explain himself. Bang. You are now dead. Even though it was justified it shook him so bad that he took early retirement.

I knew a woman whose son killed himself, and a woman whose 3 year old son was killed by his father in a murder/suicide. One of those custody battle incidents that never happens to someone you know until it does.

wring…I was about to ask you where in the hell you grew up, until I saw your mention of “clients”.

Anyhoo, my ex-brother-in-law killed a guy during a bar brawl. The details are kind of sketchy as to who actually started the fight. They fist-fighted for a minute, then the other guy pulled a knife and started slashing at my BIL. My ex-BIL broke a beer bottle and stabbed the guy with it. He ended up serving six years for manslaughter, although he was technically just defending himself because the other guy pulled a weapon first. But they had to take into account the fact that my ex-BIL had a history of mental illness and had assaulted a few people over the course of his lifetime. I have no idea what has become of him since. He hasn’t been in contact with the family in a few years. He could be dead now for all we know.

I’m not sure if this counts, since I really didn’t know the guy all that well, but a neighbor of my mother’s killed his daughter’s husband because the neighbor found out that his son-in-law was sexually abusing his own daughter (the neighbor’s granddaughter). He was so outraged about it that he waited in the parking lot of his SIL’s workplace and shot the guy dead as he was leaving work for the day. IMHO, the guy deserved to be shot for what he was doing to his kid, but the father-in-law is now serving life in prison for first-degree murder.

I once met one of the UK’s last hangmen. An assistant to the famous Albert Pierrepoint. I was casting around for a link that would provide me with his name and was unsuccessful, but I did find this: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6142/

I don’t remember his name but it was pretty strange to hear him talking about the tables they used to calculate drop length to guarantee neck breakage without ripping the head off. All this coming from a kindly looking old chap who you’d expect to see feeding pigeons in the park.

I didn’t know him, but I met him. The cousin of a friend of mine shot a guy who was robbing his home. The cousin was sent to prison for manslaughter because this is California and it’s generally illegal for anyone but criminals to kill people. [sarcasm]

Our old landlady’s son shot a guy who was stealing his truck. I don’t remember the specifics, but I don’t thing he served any time.

FOAF: A FOAF was talking about killing himself. My friend told him that if he felt so strongly about it, and if there really is no hope of a better life, then he should go ahead and do it. He did.

::The former High School Teacher clears his throat::

all students:

one kid, upset over his grades, went home and blew mom, dad, two siblings away with shotgun. Called police.

'nuther kid and his friend rob Little Caesar’s pizza where he (first kid) worked and shot two employees. Doing lots of time.

Yet another kid beat some dude near death with a tire iron. Currently doin’ time.

couple of suicides and too many auto accidents to count, though they aren’t in the spirit (NPI) of the OP.

When I was in high school, I briefly dated a guy who was kind of creepy. He just scared me. I don’t know what it was, but something just wasn’t right.
About four years later, he killed his entire family: mom, dad, a grandparent, two brothers, a sister and the sister’s husband.
:frowning:

Got a friend who stabbes someone to death in prison. He was a pretty small guy, and a much larger guy decided to try and have his way with him. My friend had a home made knife, and taught him the hard way that no means no.

More suicides then I care to remember.

Had several patients in the psych hospital that had killed, the most memorable one was a guy who was dying of AIDS. After he found out he had it, he went out and had unprotected sex with everyone he could find who was willing, with the purpose of inflicting it on everyone he could. He said he even went to the funerals of some of them who didn’t make it as long as he did. Then he found God and the realization of what he had been doing hit home. He used to stay up nights crying about all the people he had killed, and all the pain he had put them and thier family’s through.

My aunt spent many years in prison for killing someone in a drug deal gone bad.

A guy I worked with killed his estranged wife and then himself.

An old friend of my family, shot and killed his neighbor for throwing trash over the fence and into his yard. A few years after he got out of prison, he killed himself.

A school friend was staying away with relatives one weekend…while he was gone, his father killed his mother, trashed the home & then tied himself up to make it look like a burglar had done it…

Someone I knew from attending many Episcopal Youth events together, and who coincidentally turned out to be the boyfriend of the best friend of the woman I married, is in jail for life for shotgunning his parents to death in their bed.