Ever known a murder victim or murderer?

A high school friend’s wife was killed by a guy she used to work with . They caught him right away and he got the death penalty but I think it was changed to life with no parole.

I was in a park and people were searching for a missing woman , I did not know her. They found her body a few days later a few miles away. Husband ended up pleading to 2nd degree murder.

I know a family where the father was murdered by the son. Son was schizophrenic with a violent history and had been in and out of jails/mental institutions.

An great aunt on my dad’s side who I barely saw was killed by her son-in-law, who I knew even more vaguely. He stabbed her in an argument. She, I believe, was almost bedridden at the time. The son-in-law had vaguely told mental issues, bit I think it was more anger management than schizophrenia or the like.

A friend from college was murdered in a mass shooting about thirty years ago (a few years after we graduated). I only found out while watching the NYC evening news. As I said to another friend, I never expected to see the name of a friend at the end of a sentence beginning, “Among the victims were . . .”

Yes to both.

A close friend of mine was choked to death by her boyfriend. My cousin was shot in the head by a friend of ours over a woman. I was stabbed next to my heart but lived, so that one doesn’t count I guess.

When I was a kid, our family doctor was the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. When I was in college, he suddenly closed his practice and left town. A few months later, the newspaper reported that he had been arrested for murder. 20 years earlier, he had killed his best friend, and married the widow.

A good friend of mine was murdered by a crackhead who broke into his house looking for stuff to steal. The crackhead killed my friend and stole about $150 worth of tools, which he sold to get money to buy drugs.

The crackhead was caught and sentenced to 50 years in prison.

I’ve known both. The crimes were unrelated.

My best friend from elementary school was murdered by a drug addict while she was delivering pizza. He bludgeoned her to death with a hammer.

I hadn’t seen her for years when it happened, but it still shook me up.
Still does when I think about it.

A friend of mine was shot and killed in an apparent road rage incident almost two years ago. Nobody knows for sure what happened, but he was found with his crashed motorcycle and a bullet hole in his head. Perp never found.

I’ve had a number of students end up in jail or dead. The most tragic was two brothers who were living with a convict’s ex-girlfriend. The con escapes prison, vows to kill them all. Cops come and talk to the three of them, and she immediately takes off to live with a relative out-of-state.

Clever girl… the two guys stayed, figuring they could take the guy if he showed up. He did, and shot them both.

You don’t seem like the shy type. When/if you feel you can talk about it, we’re here.

A classmate of mine in high school was murdered by her husband. He then died by suicide.

A colleague of mine (who I knew, but not very well) was murdered by her husband, who then killed himself.

I then took over her job, which was rather uncomfortable. But everyone was very welcoming, despite the horror and sadness.

Former in-laws had a foster child. So, she was foster sister-in-law, or something like that. One year she spent the summer with us.
At 17 she was with her boy friend and decided to see what it was like to kill someone. Since she was under 18 she couldn’t be sentenced to life in prison. So, she got something like 65 years - without the chance for parole.

Not technically a murder since the verdict was not guilty by reason of insanity - but one of my university professors was beaten to death by a grad student who had some kind of psychotic break.

Yes. The latter, a “she”, murdered the former, a “he”. She was so obsessed that she couldn’t accept a breakup. After murdering him, she committed suicide.

I was supposed to have a professor for a course but his wife stabbed him to death. She went to mental hospital not prison don’t know how long she stayed there

My Grandmother was murdered by “person or persons unknown.”

One of my brothers served time for manslaughter.

One of my daughter’s primary school friends served time for a gang-related murder.

I heard one of my high-school classmates went up for manslaughter or something. Tiny school and class, so I knew him fairly well. Last I heard he was out.