Ask the guy with a Facebook profile

I’ve been on Facebook for almost 9 months, ask about my experiences. My “friends” are mostly former clasmmates and family members.

I’d be willing to bet that your experience with Facebook is much like most peoples’…

Joe

Who gives a shit?

Will you feed my chickens on Farmville? :smiley:

ETA: Also, do you find that people threadshit very often in Facebook? Cause it seems to happen from time to time on SDMB, as Crawlspace so eloquently demonstrated for us.

At the risk of usurping what could very well turn out to the thread of the century, could I suggest that further topics you cover include:

Ask the guy who posts to the SDMB

Ask the guy who eats food

and possibly

Ask the guy who breathes in and out on a regular basis

How old are you and what took you so long to join Facebook?

32, and only had my own computer around Xmass.

Do you play all those weird Facebook games like Farmville and what not?

I only play Family Feud and teh MindJolt games. In fact, I’ve been tempted several times to organize a Farmville intervention against someone. Though she’s less into Farmville now.

You do understand that the perspective and experiences of someone with a Facebook profile aren’t going to be particularly eye-opening to the majority of people around here? Among my friends I was among the latest to get a Facebook account, and that was four years ago.

I’m not trying to be snarky, I’m just honestly confused as to why you started this thread.

Ask the guy who’s got an iPod!

Thinking of getting a VCR. I think Betamax looks like a better system - should I get that or go for VHS?

I heard laserdisc is going to be huge.

Where’s PSXer?

Mockery withdrawn.

However, just as a friendly pointer to the OP, there are now 1/2 a billion active users on Facebook, meaning your 9-month old account, sadly, doesn’t really seem to elicit much cause for interview - unless there’s something about your account that is out of the ordinary that you are going to reveal later in the thread.

32 and you just got your own computer?
to me that seems so weird…

sounds normal if you are 18 but 32…

Why not start a thread called Ask the guy who got his first computer at 32?

I was in my late 30s when I bought my first computer: it was one of these. However, I’d first programmed a computer at the age of 19. Back then, no-one dreamed that there would be computers in every home: in fact, the average computer required enough space that you would have needed at least an average home to house it.

But enough of the hijack: I too belong to Facebook, having joined it before any of my children did. Now it helps me find out (approximately) what they are doing.

I’m going to have to start a “ask the guy that hates ASK threads”.

You should at least pretend to be unique.

What about, “Ask the guy who would like to be unique, but isn’t”?

This is not nearly as good as the “Ask the guy who just clipped his toenails” thread.