what does ETA mean

I see this occasionally in posts, but what does it stand for?

Edited To Add.

What’s etv mean? :smiley:

Edited To Add (meaning that the author submitted the post, then thought of something else, or found out something else, and had the time to edit the original post to add that information).

ETA: I don’t have anything else to add

ETA: Now I do - Johnny L.A. beat me to it.

DUH!:smack: Obvious when it’s pointed out. And etv are my initials.

Edward Telluride Varton?

Handy acronym finder:

Click on the thread FAQs - Please Read First - Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, Technical Issues in About This Message Board. Down near the bottom is a link: Beginner’s Guide to Glossary of Terms on Straight Dope Message Boards.

It’s a handy resource.

A related concept is NETA: which is when someone tried to edit, but ran out of time, and so put their edit in a new post.

Can you guess what it stands for?

Sorry, but you’re all wrong.

Anybody who does crossword puzzles knows that ETA means estimated time of arrival. It’s something that all airlines announce. Even though they don’t. But in the land of cruciverbalists, they still do.

I don’t think I’ve really ever run across that other then in a Mafia game where you can get kicked out for editing.

Wrong. Anybody who plays Scrabble knows that “eta” is a Greek letter. Those things really come in handy.

Also: ETV - Definition by AcronymFinder

Where it’s also seen as ABWOP: Added By Way of Post.

Then there’s MMMBOP, where three sibling-musicians hack your account and edit it for you.