Why is John Boehner orange?

He told the WSJ he has never used a tanning salon or tanning product in his life. Since we know politicians never lie, that leaves open the question: Wherefore the amber hue?

My guess: when we find the answer, Chester Cheetah will be implicated somehow.

*Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo,
I’ve got another puzzle for you.
Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dee,
If you are wise you’ll listen to me.
What do you get from all those Corporate treats?
Eating as much as the elephant eats?
What are you at? Getting terribly Fat?
What do you think will come of that?

(I don’t like the look of that…)*

A shameful carrot addiction?

Doubtful, unless “shameful” is a type of carrot. Like all GOP leadership and Fox News commentators, Boehner has had a consciencectomy and is utterly incapable of experiencing shame.

It’s an artifact of his previous job as a mascot for Syracuse University.

He’s from a **RED **state and he’s a **YELLOW **bastard … together you get ORANGE.

The way I figured, carrots are vegetables and thus associated with hippies and “health nuts,” as compared to something macho and “all-American” like beef. So having a carrot addiction might bring on whispers of unsavory liberal leanings.

He’s Hulk Hogan’s brother.

Let’s see, we know that grass-fed beef contains twice the amount of beta-carotene as other beef and he is often accused of being full of bullshit…

Link for those of us who have never heard of the dude. He could be naturally olive-skinned, but he definitely has the grey, unhealthy-looking long-term smoker’s skin going on.

ETA: Yeah, that’s really not a colour often found in nature.

Jaundice?

He may be from a red district, but Ohio is not a red state: it’s some shade of purple as a whole.

There’s also the fact that the Republican mascot is the elephant, and elephants can be found in the circus eating peanuts, which leads us to:

GOP manna

Now, where have I read about this before? Oh, right – here: a link to Fight Ignorance

Which includes this typically prescient statement:

So apparently what we’ve got here is a product that survives not because anybody is genuinely fond of it, but because less than 100 percent of the populace is totally repelled. Strange, but people have used the same principle to become president of the U.S.

Addison’s disease?

Dunno, but who’s up for a Constitutional amendment requiring the addition of “Boehner’s a dick” to all oaths that public officials must swear when entering office? And maybe to our paper currency, too?

Cirrhosis?

Every year at Halloween the Great Pumpkin rises from the pumpkin patch …

You wanted to know where the Great Pumpkin was the rest of the year? Now you do.

Uh, bad photography? He’s not orange in this article from a bit over two weeks ago (though the photo itself isn’t dated, one presumes it’s fairly recent.)

Actually, I suspect that photograph has been retouched to remove the orangeyness. Do a Google Image search on “John Boehner” and just scroll down through. Dude is orange.

Hmm. Perhaps he’s a big fan of SunnyD. That turned at least one person orange.