The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 11-16-2010, 01:20 PM
BANNED

Emily Procter of CSI Miami gets Hollywood fat lips

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC8Q9QEwCA
She was always very pretty. Last Sunday as I flipped by CSI was on. Emily was talking to another actor and her lips were not moving properly. She has gone for the Hollywood "fatlip" treatment. It looks terrible. I have not seen the program is quite a while, when did her looks fall apart?
Advertisements  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space

Moved MPSIMS --> Cafe Society

twicks, who doesn't usually watch that show but for some reason caught it Sunday and was trying to figure out if it was the same actress or not, because she looked like shit with her mouth all puffed up like that
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
BANNED

I don't know why they think it looks good?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:16 PM

I call them "memory foam lips." Palin has the worst pair I've ever seen.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM

AAAAAGGGGGGHH! She has become The Joker's latest victim!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM

I can't tell from the linked picture nor any of the few I scanned on Google. Anyone have a better one? She's a very pretty girl but she really irks me on the show.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

I'd nominate another CSI star, Marg Helgenberger, for the worst troutpout lips. Hers look like hamburger - like she's had them inflated and deflated so many times that they've lost all human form.

Last edited by Cat Whisperer; 11-16-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Old 11-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
I'd nominate another CSI star, Marg Helgenberger, for the worst troutpout lips. Hers look like hamburger - like she's had them inflated and deflated so many times that they've lost all human form.
I guess CSI stands for Cosmetic Surgery Injury
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
Ewww! no, scroll down the page a bit further and take a look at Pete burns.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 PM

No, I tell a lie. THIS is the absolute worst one: http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2...scilla-caputo/

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! ! ! ! ! !
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
No, I tell a lie. THIS is the absolute worst one: http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2...scilla-caputo/

If we're just talking about lip injections, sure. But for plastic surgery in general? Jocelyn Wildenstein is still the undefeated queen. The woman is the Winchester Mystery House of plastic surgery...it never ends. She just keeps adding rooms...er, "improvements".
Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 AM

I thought her lips were puffy because she's pregnant, not plastic surgery.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzomax View Post
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC8Q9QEwCA
She was always very pretty. Last Sunday as I flipped by CSI was on. Emily was talking to another actor and her lips were not moving properly. She has gone for the Hollywood "fatlip" treatment. It looks terrible. I have not seen the program is quite a while, when did her looks fall apart?
Do you have a picture of her that actually shows her with puffed up lips? Because that picture shows nothing of the sort.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM
SDSAB

Yeah, some before/after pics might help us figure this out.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Do you have a picture of her that actually shows her with puffed up lips? Because that picture shows nothing of the sort.
I agree. I am not seeing the puffy lips. Something looks weird, like she's had work done but not the lips. She looks like maybe she's had cheek implants.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 PM

She definitely had work done on her lips, and I find it distracting looking at her on the show. She should have left her lips alone. I do not get what motivates women to do that, but of course I don't have to contend with the pressure of being on television. I like her -- I especially liked her on West Wing -- but she's messing herself up with those bad lips. And she does have a fuller faced look due to the pregnancy. But pregnancy doesn't make your lips blow up. She had to get injections/a procedure to achieve that bad look. I hope she realizes she screwed up and doesn't do it again. Maybe she thought her lips needed to be more in proportion to her face, which is bloated from the pregnancy, but she's very wrong about that. It just makes her look more bloated and unnatural and freaky. She could age beautifully naturally if she would stay away from needless procedures. And I TOTALLY agree re: Marg Helenberger. I used to think she was beautiful, but now -- mainly because of her creepy lips -- it creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable to look at her. What are these women thinking?

Last edited by elizabethjones; 01-05-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post

Holy Christ! Will fire kill it?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
If we're just talking about lip injections, sure. But for plastic surgery in general? Jocelyn Wildenstein is still the undefeated queen. The woman is the Winchester Mystery House of plastic surgery...it never ends. She just keeps adding rooms...er, "improvements".
Actually, Wildenstein has finally figured out what the rest of us had lone known - that she had gone too far. Her more recent round of surgeries have been restoring her face back to a more normal appearance. picture
Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM

I was watching "the closer" the other day and couldn't stop looking at Kyra Sedgwick's lips.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post
I was watching "the closer" the other day and couldn't stop looking at Kyra Sedgwick's lips.
They don't appear any different than ever. She has a very wide mouth. They even made fun of it in one episode a few seasons back where she was working undercover with a makeup artist/suspect who told her lipstick made her mouth look enormous.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM

Those awful fat lips are the desperate attempt of aging actresses to look younger, as thin lips = old woman and fat lips = voluptuous young woman. Apparently lips thin out even more as you age, so they're told that they'll look younger with fuller lips. How can they not see how horrid it looks?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needscoffee View Post
They don't appear any different than ever. She has a very wide mouth. They even made fun of it in one episode a few seasons back where she was working undercover with a makeup artist/suspect who told her lipstick made her mouth look enormous.
My first impression was that she had on the wrong shade of lipstick and it wasn't put on right. But she still has that joker crease at sides of her mouth. Clearly the color of the lipstick she wears makes a big difference.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post
My first impression was that she had on the wrong shade of lipstick and it wasn't put on right. But she still has that joker crease at sides of her mouth. Clearly the color of the lipstick she wears makes a big difference.
That was what the makeup artist/suspect told her, too. She looks a lot better in lighter shades of lipstick. Back then, she was wearing red, red lipstick and lots of viewers were writing in complaining at how weird it looked. I don't know if she's had her lips done, but if she has, it doesn't look obvious.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 PM

Looks so painfull

She WAS such a beautiful woman. That botox or whatever else she used or did changed her face for ever. It looks sooo painfull. Why? Why? Why? just to get rid of few lines you traded for a rigid plastic "joker like" face. She doesn't appear to have much of a role on CSI Miami this year...

Emily, please do yourself a favour and try to get rid of that plastic surgery (ies) if you can.

an X fan of yours.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Emily Proctor

Does she still go for the Fat ?Lips
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty33 View Post
Does she still go for the Fat ?Lips
Dude, that was two years ago. No one is still talking about this.