I Pit Hitler

In case there’s any doubt – I mean Adolf Hitler of the Austrian Hitlers. I searched, and to my astonishment I didn’t find any previous pittings of Hitler. Always a trend setter, I decided to break new ground in the pit.

He was a REALLY REALLY bad guy!!!

He seems to have had the power to make other people do really bad things. And in the blink of an eye, 50 million people were dead!

Plus, he fucked his niece – maybe. And he killed his dog --definitely.

He did have a keen fashion sense, though. Some of those uniforms are still worn today, even by members of Congress.

I’m glad that someone had the courage to pit this guy. Now we can have a sensible discussion about him and what he did.

Who?

Why is this the first time I am hearing of this? Hit-ler you say, is that right?

Hitler was a bad guy, but his ideas weren’t all bad…

:smiley:

By the way, did Godwin’s Law get invoked with the OP?

Too Soon

OK, maybe not, but seriously, a light-hearted pitting of Hitler?

I know I could just ignore it but something about Hitler in the title draws the eye.

It was the tasteful use of negative space.

Well sure. Otherwise the canine just would have seized power. And he didn’t need it reigning cats and dogs, when it should be Heiling Hitler.

How about a link? Not everybody here is some Poindexter historian, you know. We don’t all know these obscure historical figures.

Boooooo…

Cite?

How long before this thread degenerates and someone mentions…

Oh.
Never mind.

You know who else thought Hitler had some good ideas? Hitler! That’s who!

You know who else was just like Hitler?
Hitler. That’s who.

ETA: <looks up. Shakes fist.>

You know who else pitted Hitler?

No, really. I’m actually curious about this.

Oh man, I so wanted to do the “You know who else?” joke. Nice one though.

This.

He was a lousy painter. Two coats, one day . . . if you don’t mind a shitty job.
Fucker didn’t even bother to do any “cutting in” before he got the roller out!

CMC fnord!

Well, at least he could dance.