The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)

Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Women, why do you look at men's junk ?

I wonder what they are trying to get an indication of at times. Because I'm not really wearing anything as tight that I think would reveal the size of anything so to speak.

So what gives ?
Advertisements  
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Checking for boners, of course.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM

Is your fly down?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Because I like men, and I like their junk, and they all fill out their pants in different ways. It's fun to look. Do you really have to ask? Same reason you stare at my chest even when cleavage is covered.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Is that something we do? I don't usually find myself doing it. Well, if he's naked or something, yeah, but with a clothed guy, not so much...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Weird question. We don't. At least most of us don't... there's always a few...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM

Well, I don't. Unless something really graphic draws the eye.

I like men all right (physically...), but have little interest in their junk unless unless it's someone I'm going to have sex with.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

I can't ever remember checking out a guys junk...and especially these days with baggy pants where you can't even see if they HAVE junk. Now tushes....yes. But I have the same problem with saggy pants...nothing to look at unless their shirt is up and then I'm always afraid I'll see skid marks. I'm much more interested in a man's face, eyes, voice.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 PM

For the most part, I don't look unless you've done something to make me aware of it such as walk up close to me when I am sitting in a chair. I may look if there is sexual tension between us, and I get the opportunity but don't expect it.

I've had exponentially more men address the hidden microphone in my breasts than I have done to the possibly more visible one in their pants.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:54 AM

Random guys? Nope, "MY" guy? Sure of course! Especially if there were evidence of possible hay rolling in my future. I tended to like to help it along back then. (I'm single now, so no I'm not interested in random "junk").
Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 AM

I have to say, the only time I've ever caught a woman checking my junk out is when we're, you know, involved.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:03 AM
BANNED

It means they're thinking about you sexually and wondering what you're packing.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Just yesterday I caught a lady friend of mine going through my "junk drawer" in the kitchen. She claims she was just looking for a screwdriver. But I don't know man, I just felt violated.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm not much of a junk peruser unless the junk is making its presence known.

Years ago I had a supervisor at work and damned if I couldn't help but notice that he had the biggest pair of balls I'd ever seen. There's no way you COULDN'T notice -- yeah, he had on pants but they were just ... ya know ... THERE. And they were ENORMOUS.

Other than that I can only recall one other time of junk perusing -- as a teenager, watching a friend playing basketball and OH MY GOD. It was awake and along for the ride as he ran up and down the court and ... yeah. Huge. My girlfriends and I were highly impressed.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:30 AM

I don't.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez View Post
I wonder what they are trying to get an indication of at times. Because I'm not really wearing anything as tight that I think would reveal the size of anything so to speak.

So what gives ?
Why do you look at my tits?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
Why do you look at my tits?
Because they're titilatingly lovely.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Generally don't. I sometimes stare mindlessly into space and if your junk were to be my randomly chosen focus point, I suppose I might seem to be fixated on your crotch. But when I do that I might as well be looking at a coffee mug on my desk.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM

I don't.

Unless I'm on the beach where banana hammocks are all the rage. Then it's like slowing down as you go by a car crash - it's so horrific you can't NOT look.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 AM

I generally don't. One time, though, I was in a thrift store and there was someone about 15 feet away wearing tights with nothing on over them. Made me think they were a woman but with a really huge mons veneris, so I couldn't help staring at such an unusual sight - then I looked up and saw this person was a guy.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Because I watched Labyrinth too many times in my younger days.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

I do. It's interesting. You know, some big burly guy seems to not have much to share and yet some little scrawny guy appears to be well hung. And like SeaDragonTattoo said, I like men and I like their junk. Why wouldn't I make a discreet peek if I had the chance?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Maybe it's your superhero costume; Jim wore a Superman costume one year, and damn if that isn't...revealing. I think he ended up wearing a cup with it so as to not scare the children.

Last edited by Cat Whisperer; 02-05-2011 at 12:34 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Spoiler-alert

Eh, I'm curious about everything so if some walks into my line of vision, I'll have a look. But it doesn't mean I'm interested ... the only set I'm interested in is the one attached to my husband!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

I think women who look are cross checking urban legends----you now, big wrists = big whatever; big nose = big whatever. I think they're gathering data for their thesis or maybe for their friends. Or maybe they aren't really looking at all and guys just think they are because that's what they want to think. Or even who knows? Or cares?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm just checking for weapons is all.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Mine's not junk.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:49 PM

Well, you know that technology where several low resolution pictures can be processed to get a much clearer and detailed picture? When y'all move, sometimes even loose slacks reveal something. I especially like when I can spot the corona pressing a line against the fabric. At the least, I can often tell to which side a man "dresses".
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM

I think men are hoping and wishing women would check out their junk.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 AM

The only time I've found myself looking at the junk of a guy who was wearing more than underwear, it was a coworker whose junk seemed to take an inordinate amount of space. I always wondered whether he was uncomfortable.

I'm a lot more likely to check other items in the neighborhood: belly or lack thereof, fit of trousers, ohmygawd who dresses him is he colorblind... or merely passing by on my way from hair to shoes. It's just not a spot I check. After all, most guys dress specifically in a way that doesn't show it off - and I'm not interested on those who try to show it off.

Last edited by Nava; 02-07-2011 at 03:31 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conurepete View Post
I think men are hoping and wishing women would check out their junk.
We gotta get it started somewhere!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM

I don't. I figure all men have pretty much the same thing down there, anyway, and if a given man's junk is ever my concern, I'll see it at the appropriate time.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Pseudolegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerosa View Post
Generally don't. I sometimes stare mindlessly into space and if your junk were to be my randomly chosen focus point, I suppose I might seem to be fixated on your crotch. But when I do that I might as well be looking at a coffee mug on my desk.
I would appreciate it if you'd be a little more sensitive in the future about discussing hot coffee in the vicinity of my crotch.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
Just yesterday I caught a lady friend of mine going through my "junk drawer" in the kitchen. She claims she was just looking for a screwdriver. But I don't know man, I just felt violated.
That's just wrong, man. Did they look at your pancake turner too???
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Well, I don't mean to be checking out your junk. I'm just trying to get you to turn around so I can check out your ass.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol the Impaler View Post
Well, I don't mean to be checking out your junk. I'm just trying to get you to turn around so I can check out your ass.
This combo of post and username cannot go unnoted.

Noted.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:

So what gives ?
I KNOW! Man, what's up with all these women? I can't walk down the street without feeling the intense stares at my junk! I mean, I know my junk is something to behold, being quite enormous and aesthetically appealing and all, but, damn, why do all these women have to be so craven about it? Just once, I'd like to be acknowledged for something besides my freakishly fascinating phallus.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM

Ladies, my eyes are up here.....^
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Arky View Post
I KNOW! Man, what's up with all these women? I can't walk down the street without feeling the intense stares at my junk! I mean, I know my junk is something to behold, being quite enormous and aesthetically appealing and all, but, damn, why do all these women have to be so craven about it? Just once, I'd like to be acknowledged for something besides my freakishly fascinating phallus.
From my question you took me trying to advertise on the internet I have a big cock ?
What exactly would that accomplish for me if that was intent ?

I was just curious about female behaviour as to why they look when theres nothing to discern because of what I wear.

So, relax Tex.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I was just curious about female behaviour as to why they look when theres nothing to discern because of what I wear.
In what context, exactly?

I can only imagine two scenarios:
1. you're one of those guys, you know the ones who sit with their knees far apart. In body language it's a dominance display (and often for the benefit of other men), but it does serve to catch the eye too. Women rarely sit like this, and might glance to see if there's a reason you need to spread your legs so far apart.

2. you're tall, and tend to stand while talking to women who are sitting, which is a bit rude because you've putting her in the position to either need to crane her neck to speak to you, or have your crotch at eye-level.

So, one of these things, or are they standing and actively glancing down at your crotch?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushgeekgirl View Post
I'm just checking for weapons is all.
Baby you found one.