I'll bet Obama gets reelected

As many of you know, I’m a strong Obama supporter. Although it’s a long time until Election Day 2012, I’m willing to bet $100 right now that he’ll be reelected. I’ll bet $20 with the first five Dopers who say otherwise. If you want to take my bet, simply post, in bold, “I’ll take your bet.” Say anything else you want to, but those are the magic words to take the bet.

We’ll exchange real names and U.S. Mail addresses via PM. If I win, each of the five will send me a check for $20 within two weeks of Election Day. If I lose, I’ll send each of the five winners a check for $20 by the same deadline.

If the President dies, resigns or otherwise leaves office before then, all bets are off. If he simply chooses not to run for reelection (which seems very unlikely, to say the least), I’ll pay up.

When you win that easy money, I just would like to humbly request a donation so I can be a “member” and not a guest.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: And if you’re feeling extra generous, a little something on top for a custom title?

Nothing is easy money almost two years before the election. Just ask Tom Dewey and George H.W. Bush.

Maybe you can get Rand Rover to put up seven dollars.

Incumbent presidents are reelected about 2/3 of the time. I think you’ll have to give odds to get any takers.

Isn’t that the whole point though? The bet is for any true Obama haters or *fill in the appropriate Republican * lover to believe enough that Obama is screwing up that he will not be re-elected.

While the anger at Obama is palpable, the economy is slowly but surely improving for non-buggy whip makers, and by the time 2012 rolls around, barring colossal collapse, he should get back in. But if you think past elections seasons have been ugly, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

You don’t take this kind of bet in hopes of winning money, you take it in hopes of winning gloating rights.

This.

I doubt that Obama will be reelected. But then, if Republicans like our esteemed Walker keep doing what they do, reelection will be more likely.

I think that he’s probably likely to get re-elected, too, but I’m not a betting man.

Wouldn’t his stake end up being more like $2? I seem to recall the odds he wanted being more like 10 to 1.

So, the bet would be for any true Obama lovers or *fill in the appropriate Republican * hater to believe enough that Obama is doing so great that he will give odds, n’est ces pas?

Vegas has Obama as a current -130 favorite, meaning you would put up $130 to win $100.

You are likely to get Qin’s allowance money.

Isn’t he a minor?

I see no takers.

Since I’m not a US citizen nor live in the US I can’t participate n the bet, but even if there were Egypt-style protests and Obama was hiding in Cheyenne mountain out of fear for his life, I wouldn’t take the bet at 1:1., 2 years is a loooong time.

I think the more interesting bet would be on who the Republican candidate would be.

Who was it that proposed that absurd political bet a year or so back? Said he was right and was willing to put money on it…then glossed over the fact he was requiring people give him 10-to-1 or something ridiculous like that. Then got all indignant saying nobody taking it was proof he was right IIRC.

By all means, start your own thread!

Ají de Gallina, you may certainly take my bet if you like, despite living overseas and not being a U.S. citizen.