Fringe renewed for fourth season!

It’s true!

Yes!!!

:slight_smile:

Annnnnnd exhale.

Seriously, I was watching this season holding my breath. It’s the best season so far, so I’m glad it’ll be back.

Huzzah!

This makes me very happy!

Thank goodness :slight_smile:

More delicious, strawberry flavoured death for everyone!!! Yaaaaa!

YAAAAAAY!

That said, I still fear a LOST ending.

I just hope Abrams brings the Alternate-Earth war to a good, solid close around episode 12 of next season. Give us an actual ending, with a resolution, a denouement, etc then uses the second half of the season to build something new. The alternate-earth stuff is just starting to get past it’s expiration date (like milk a week past it’s expire date when you sniff it and say “I…think it’s still ok. Maybe.”) and the idea of Fringe is big enough that there’s literally dozens of possible long story arcs.

Just off the top of my head:
[ul]
[li]What if Walter discovers SETI like signals coming to earth. And then after decoding them, finds that they’re a reply to a question someone from Earth sent? [/li]
[li]What killed the First People…or rather…who killed them? What if it’s coming back?[/li]
[li]What if, in 1845 (or whenever) a small cabal of people built a working Babbage engine–so they’ve had computers for 150 years longer than anyone else…and have been manipulating things?[/li]
[li] (Kidding here…mostly) The Walternate-verse thing is over, but the ending opens up a permanent doorway to another universe. In that universe, evolution and/or a big Evilcorp have started to produce super-powered individuals. Then a skinny guy with horn-rimmed glasses discovers the doorway…and is pissed. Actually, a Heroes/Fringe crossover would have been cool. [/li]
[li](REALLY KIDDING HERE!) They discover that the First One’s Peter-Machine is semi-sentient and planning to destroy both earths. The two Walters work together and lobotomize the machine (mostly) and dump it on a deserted island in a third Alternate world–one where Peter doesn’t exist. Of course, opening the doorway causes a HUGE electromagnetic anomaly…and the still barely conscious machine burrows itself into the heart of the island, leaving only a donkey-wheel and a few other pieces of itself exposed. The machine dreams for millions of years–some humans are sensitive enough to pick up on the garbled dream images and interpret them as instructions. Then, in 1977 some idiots with a nuke wake the machine up and it begins a 30+ year plan to free itself and get back to Fringe-Earth and find Peter. Part of it’s plan is to cause a jet holding some people who are uniquely sensitive to the Machine to crash on the island…because the machine needs pawns if it’s ever going to get home…[/li]
[li]Mutant supermen living in the hollow earth attacking us by messing with our water supply (in aquifers) and polluting our precious bodily fluids! :wink: :D[/li][/ul]

I wouldn’t fear a LOST ending. I’d fear an X-files ending.

Now, *that *was the wrong way to end a show.

Awesome!

You know, there IS a chance J.J. Abrams could read this… :eek:

This entire thread is making me very happy! and I’m from Wisconsin, so I need happy.

In the original timeline, Fringe was canceled. Members of that nightmare dystopia went through a time portal in a desperate attempt to set things right.

YAY! More Walter Bishop! More strawberry-flavoured death! LSD for everyone! :smiley:

Thanks for the news! I am ecstatic!

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/iFooled/hooray-zoidberg.jpg

[quote=“Fenris, post:8, topic:575914”]

[li](REALLY KIDDING HERE!) They discover that the First One’s Peter-Machine is semi-sentient and planning to destroy both earths. The two Walters work together and lobotomize the machine (mostly) and dump it on a deserted island in a third Alternate world–one where Peter doesn’t exist. Of course, opening the doorway causes a HUGE electromagnetic anomaly…and the still barely conscious machine burrows itself into the heart of the island, leaving only a donkey-wheel and a few other pieces of itself exposed. The machine dreams for millions of years–some humans are sensitive enough to pick up on the garbled dream images and interpret them as instructions. Then, in 1977 some idiots with a nuke wake the machine up and it begins a 30+ year plan to free itself and get back to Fringe-Earth and find Peter. Part of it’s plan is to cause a jet holding some people who are uniquely sensitive to the Machine to crash on the island…because the machine needs pawns if it’s ever going to get home…[/li][/QUOTE]

XFD, somehow you need to being Milo Rimbaldi into it, though. :smiley: