Rantings about stupid nuclear reporting, and I want to bitchslap somebody, also other crap

I thought about activating an old thread here
The environmental movement, and its irrational fear of nuclear energy
The environmental movement, and its irrational fear of nuclear energy - Great Debates - Straight Dope Message Board but feared the wrath of both those who posted stupid shit in it, and the Mods who might go, “Hey, don’t bring some old thread back from the dead man, it’s scaring the customers” or something.

And I wanted to bitch about Global Warming, but the real annoying crap is the current NUCLEAR FUCKING MELTDOWN going on in slow motion, which every now and then some really fucked up shit leaks out, no matter how much they want to sugar coat it and pretend it’s not there.

And how it will all be OK.

I don’t know why, but fuckheads who are actually clueless enough to publish something pronuclear at this moment really make me want to bitchslap them. They are on TV, they are reporting in print media, internet, and of course saturating every last fucking thread about tsunamis, earthquake damage, and the suffering in Japan, with their pronuclear bullshit.

It’s like somebody at a funeral of a three year old little girl that died shouting out, “SHE SHOULD HAVE STAYED OUT OF THE STREET! STREETS ARE SAFE! THIS MIGHT MEAN SPEED LIMITS WILL BE LOWERED EVEN MORE!” or whatever crazy shit a crazy person would do who doesn’t have a clue about anything, and only thinks of themselves. Actually, it’s like they start yelling that shit while the little girl is bleeding in the street.

And they don’t have a clue. Even when I explain it to them in calm rational ways, they don’t get it. It’s annoying.

It makes me want to slap somebody. Like, SMACK! “Hey! Wake the fuck up in there OK?”

So, with out anymore venting, what brought this crisis to a head? (no, not the nuclear plant, this topic)

Vienna Ma
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/indepth/2011-03/26/c_13799390.htm

You see that? That is stupid shit. That is so impossibly stupid it make me rage. I want to slap that bitch and shake her. And scream in her stupid face.

I won’t of course, but I want to.

“HEY YOU IDIOT! The problem is NOT panic, it is NOT fear, the problem is the FOUR FUCKING REACTORS THAT ARE IN SERIOUS FUCKING SHAPE. AND ALL THE FUEL RODS! OK? GET IT?”

(takes deep breath)

Calm down. Don’t panic.

Stop saying stupid shit like that. Seriously. You are an idiot.

Then I type some rantish shit like this and I feel better. It’s like venting some deadly waste to prevent the whole thing from blowing up.

But wait, there’s more.

Of course this is China right? And we know that no matter what they are going to build a shitload of nuclear plants, they could give a shit how many Japanese die or lose everything. But it mirrors the same stupid crap I see everywhere.

Nobody has died, so what’s the big deal? (SMACK!)

No you complete assfuck idiot, that is not why people are afraid, nor is that how radiation works, or why it’s a problem. Go sell your propaganda somewhere else bitch.

You see? There is no level of screed or usenet spench that I can summon up to bury that level of idiocy. You can bury it with boron and a million tons of concrete and sand and it will leak out, make it’s way around the world, and stupidity will rain down upon us all.

I picked this one example because it was the first to pop up on Google. I guarantee you will find the same level of stupid lies from every country.

Except maybe Japan. They aren’t saying shit about anything.

But that is another rant.

You think I’m wrong, and she is right? Be careful, I’m under a lot of pressure right now.

Yep.

CNN and CBS are actually at the top of my target list, but I already unloaded on them several times.

I thought this very thing when I took the elevator this morning and noticed that there was a measurable rise in radiation between the first floor and the 75th floor. Any measurable amount of radiation is life threatening. If we can measure it, it is dangerous. Thank God this didn’t happen 50 years from now when we will be able to measure even smaller amounts of radiation, or we’d be truly fucked.

But I am going to stay home in my basement where there is no radiation and sit in front of a computer screen and talk to my friends on a cell phone and warn them about the dangers of radiation.

You only say that because, and I quote, “you are radio-activated”.

I almost put are radio-activated in the title, but I don’t think the internet can handle that level of stupid.

But remember kids, the plutonium from nuclear power plant is exactly like all the other radiation you get. So either relax, or freak the fuck out, depending on how you take these facts.

Take a pill, kid. You’re still wrong.

It occurs to me that if Fukushima had blown up all old school and taken out 300,000 people instantly it would have been cheaper - and probably more merciful. Definitely cheaper.

I propose that all nuclear power plants be rigged with sufficient atomic explosives to instantly vaporize the nearest 500,000 people in the event of a possible containment problem, with the aim of saving money and just getting it over with in a timely fiscally responsible fashion.

And like others said, you are still wrong, also about global warming too.

And for the 100th time: Saying that proponents of nuclear power are asking all to ignore the current problems in Japan is just weapon’s grade straw manning,

(A bunch of stupid ranting drivel deleted.)

Yep, she is right. And you are wrong.

Yep. The OP has been standing too close to a radiation source.

The situation is Japan is bad. No doubt about it. It will have consequences—medical and social and economic—that appear in both the short and the long run. It clearly shows the potential dangers of nuclear power plants, and it particularly demonstrates the need to work out a much more coherent and stable plan for the storage of spent fuel rod assemblies, which is where most of the early problems occurred.

Any plan to go ahead with nuclear power plants should take these things into consideration, and there should be strong oversight by the government to ensure that corners are not cut in order to maximize profits. But, much as i lament what is happening in Japan, and much am i’m strongly in favor of oversight and regulation, i still think that nuclear power is a necessary part of our future energy plans.

As i said in the other thread, i’d love to have all our power come from clean, renewable sources like wind and solar, but that just ain’t going to happen even at humankind’s current rate of energy use, and our energy requirements are only going to grow in the short to medium term as huge nations like India and China continue to industrialize.

Speaking of stupid nuclear reporting, whatever is going on, it ain’t magic.

That’s frakin’ hilarious!

“From your mouth to God’s ears!”

What school is that? Chernobyl blew right the fuck up and it didn’t kill anywhere close to 300,000 people.

I was thinking older school.

Well, there’s a distinction to be made between ionizing radiation and electromagnetic radiation, but I have no confidence n the OP’s ability to understand it, him being a moron and all.

Quoted for truth.

Yeah, that’s hilarious. I saw it on The Daily Show last week.

It was built in the middle of nowhere and BFE.

I’m afraid that two weeks from now people will be saying that it wasn’t what you said, but how you said it.

And two years.

And twenty years …