What are your little body mutations?

Hey, if you have the eye lasers or blue skin with the ability to shapeshift, feel free to mention it, but I have a feeling it’ll be more like stuff like Mark Wahlberg’s third nipple.

Myself, a few of my chin hairs used to be copper-colored, but I don’t think they’re there anymore. Nowadays I just have nose hairs that are completely white. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the calves of an over-juiced, hardcore, dedicated Shwareznegarian body builder, yet I don’t think I have ever actually done a single exercise for my calves.

But I lack true deformities.

I have a tiny, translucent bump of skin on my right forefinger. I’ve had it all my life, and it always comes back if I scratch it off.

I have one copy of the Delta F 508 mutation on the long arm of chromosome #37.

Two heads?

Two copies cause cystic fibrosis, which my daughter has.

My short arm can morph into a long arm at times. It can happen spontaneously or deliberately.

Hmmm, well I have a septum that’s so deviated I can easily show my nose cartilage by lifting up my schnoz skin. Does that count?

Then there’s the bump / callous / hairless wart on my left ring finger. I cut myself with a ginzu knife and the resulting scar connected to the bump so that if you squint it sorta looks like a shooting star.

I also have a mild uniform skin discoloration all across half my chest. Most people never can tell it’s there even when I’m topless. It takes a massive tan to be noticeable by the average Joe. I’m like a white and nerdy Twoface.

I can blow my nose like a gimpy trumpet. See the first paragraph. The Mario Theme and The Star Spangled Banner have been my two rhinest moments.

Oh, and then there’s also the fact that I have the ability to bust a few out faster than the average bear, but I feel hesitant to go into more detail. Needless to say it has nothing to do with my board history here…

And that’s just for starters!

Extra molars- I’ve been told that is a Neanderthal characteristic. And a really cute little third nipple.

My chest kinda dips in the middle. I hear it is not extremely rare.

I have a “shy” toe on my left foot – it’s crooked and hides behind the toe to the right. My right foot is normal.

My facial hair is coppery-reddish. To my knowledge, no one in my immediate family has or had reddish hair. Weird.

Webbed toes, a simian crease on my left palm, and all of my teeth have sharp edges or points. I’m told that the latter is a normal, but fairly rare mutation.

I have moderately severe scoliosis w/ both my thoracic and lumbar curves being in the mid-to-high 40 degrees. It’s genetic and in my immediate family it stops w/ me. I’ve lost 4" of height to it so far and am about middle aged; at this point it isn’t that the curves are getting worse, it’s that the discs are degenerating.

I’m flat-footed, I sneeze whenever I look at a light, and I have one weird arm hair that grows long and wild.

I have gigantic nipples. Like, really. I never thought they were into the realm of abnormal until I shocked several lactation consultants in a row. They hear, “the baby can’t latch right because I have big nipples!” all the time, and usually it’s not true. In my case, it was!

The biggest special order pieces from Medela for their breast pump were still too small, so now I have gigantic, scarred nipples from using too small trumpets for pumping. The left one has a scar all the way around it, so it makes a sort of a mushroom cloud shape when it gets erect! :smack:

My only mutation claim is that there is literally no part of my body that is symmetrical. Down to the smallest detail, it’s like I’m two separate people joined at birth. Oh, most of it isn’t obvious to the casual observer, but the differences are there. I kinda suspect some kind of mosaicism.

How you doin?

Pauses in contemplation for a few seconds …How you doin? :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally unprovable, but the nerves for my 2nd and 3rd toes on both of my feet are switched (just intra-foot). This means that if I cut, dislocate (happens twice a year and I think may be related), or in any way injure, I grab the wrong toe. Even when I touch them myself, they feel like the other toe.

My other claim to unusualness is that I have never come close to spraining or twisting or injuring an ankle. My ankles are just this massive connection straight into my foot that I don’t think can actually bend very far without being ripped off.

It isn’t completely unusual but I had what I called the beginnings of a tail - a pilonidal cyst on my tailbone.

I had it removed and now I have a scar that looks like the top part of my butt crack was sewed together. Well, it was. But for good reason!