Mexican TV dinners

I hate to admit it, but I love them. Patio made the best, but I don’t find any Mexican dinners in the store. What happened? Are they not PC or something?

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

Do you mean TV dinner brands from Mexico, or Mexican food in TV dinners? Amy’s brand (organic/hippie) has several; we eat lots of their cheese burrito meals.

Whoops. Amy’s makes several of the latter, and we eat their cheese enchiladas.

Mexican food in TV dinners, like Patio.

Don Miguel (Costco) is a pretty good brand for frozen Mexican dinners. They’re handy to have around when all you need is fuel.

Amy’s cheese enchiladas are quite good, even if they are priced at nearly 2x the cost of similar frozen brands…

I loved those things when I was a kid. I remember Patio brand. Like almost everything, it was better than Mom’s cooking.

Banquet offers several ‘Mexican’ style frozen dinners

(OK, you have to View All and scroll down a bit on that page, but they offer several Enchilada Combo type meals, among other things).

I grew up here in TexMex Central but I gotta admit, sometimes a Patio Mexican TV dinner hit the spot. That along with NightHawk Steak & Taters TV dinners.

Hi Sis! I didn’t know you were a Doper!

:wink:

Yeas, and their “special sauce” which was butter and garlic…I don’t see those anymore, either.
Is this some plot because G-d hates me, she doesn’t let them be sold in Central Arkansas?

My only knowledge of Mexican food as a kid was from Patio (I think) TV dinners. It wasn’t until my teens that I learned that tacos weren’t supposed to be greasy and floppy.

Ergh. Patio mexican dinners are bad; Banquet are worse.

El Charrito is the way to go, baby!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, the original owner of the Patio brand just died recently here in San Antonio. ConAgra bought the rights use the brand, but from the looks of the Patio page on the ConAgra website, it looks as if they are abandoning the brand, or perhaps in the middle of a revamp.

Healthy Choice had a good enchilada dinner that disappeared. I have Amy’s every so often.

Banquet - inexpensive; the picture on the box is a hundred times better than the actual food. But Amy’s , expensive, is good. You get what you pay for, after all.

I remember Patio brand TV dinners…we had them all the time growing up. They tasted okay, I guess…I was just a kid, what did I know? They certainly weren’t as good as the “real” mexican food we had in San Diego’s Old Town. My “mexican TV dinner” of choice lately has been a combo of TJ’s chile relleno and black bean/corn enchiladas.

Oh, man, those enchiladas are so good–I have 'em about once a week. The Amy’s stuff mentioned above is great, too.

In honor of this thread, I just had the #5 Combination plate and a Grande margarita. Now I’m going to watch TV.

Yes, but I’m looking for cheap TV dinners to eat at work while I pay off my ex, and while $2.00 TV dinners at Kroger pretty much fellate with great allacrity, I actually liked the Patio stuff. :slight_smile: