How does a business Facebook page "like" another business Facebook page?

I work for a small-town veterinary office, and we just got a FB page this fall. I’m the one who does most of the work on it, and I cannot figure out how to “like” another page! Basically, we are looking to show support for and link to other locally owned businesses. I’ve searched the FB help and gotten nowhere, and asked a question on the FB help community and gotten zero responses. I’m sure someone on here has done this before. Thanks in advance.

Step 1: In the top right hand corner, below the admins, click the link “Use Facebook as [Business Name]”

Step 2: Start "Like"ing.

Step 3: Profit!

We haven’t assigned an Admin to the page. Do we have to do that first? Because I don’t see an option for “use facebook as (business name)”.

I don’t think you can set up a Facebook business page without an admin, so the admin is probably the person who set up the account. If anyone who is not an admin looks at the page, they cannot see who the admin is.

Well I went and made myself and admin and was able to “like” all over the place. Thanks for explaining it to me!

Umm, I think you’re missing a step here.

Step 1: In the top right hand corner, below the admins, click the link “Use Facebook as [Business Name]”

Step 2: Start "Like"ing.

Step 3: ?

Step 4: Profit!

Step 2 is always blank and profit is always step 3… Oh my god! We’ve figured out step 2!

Except that in this formulation, it’s Facebook that profits.

I’m having a similar problem as the OP.

I created a Facebook page but I do not have a Facebook user profile. So, when I created the FB page, I set the admin to be an email address that I wanted to associate with the page. Since I do not have a personal FB user profile, I do not see the option ‘Use Facebook as [Business Name]’ option - I’m only able to use Facebook as the business.

Now, with this setup, it does not seem possible to Like other pages in the traditional sense. That is, on some pages,I do not even see the Like button. And on others when I click a Like link, I get an error indicating I don’t have access to the profile or something along those lines. The only way I’m able to ‘Like’ another page is to go to that page and click the link in the lower left section to "Add to my Page’s Favorites’.

And along these lines, when another page likes my page, those likes do not get added to the overall ‘like this’ count on my page.

And since my is relatively new with very little likes, it seems to be limited what can be done by the page to try to connect with other pages, etc.

Is this same behavior experienced by anyone else? Is there something I need to setup or change with my setup in order to Like other pages and to have other pages liking my page count toward the overall like count of my page??

Thanks for any insights?

You must have a person set up as an Admin to ‘like’ other pages. It can be a completely blank profile (other than what is required to set one up), but it’s the only way it works. AFAIK, other businesses don’t ad to the number of ‘likes’ your page gets, only people. Hope that helps.

(erased due to duplication)