This guy's face creeps me the hell out

Robert Filner may be a great guy and a fantastic congressman, but - at least in his official portrait - he gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I think if they decide to bring back the Joker in future Batman movies, this guy should retire from politics and seriously consider an acting career.

I thought you were probably exaggerating, but I clicked the link anyway, and… HOLY SHIT!

You can say that again. He looks like a snake in the top portrait. The one further down isn’t quite as bad, but he still looks scary. I think he should refrain from smiling.

Holy shit! Maybe you should have put a warning on that! :slight_smile:

That is one of the least-friendly, most pained, empty, simply horrendous smiles I have ever laid eyes on.

I imagine someone behind the camera coaxing him to, “C’mon, just relax and be normal.” :eek:

That link should be labeled NSFW and NSFH. Hell, it’s NOT SAFE ANYWHERE.

I’m having nightmares about it and I ain’t even asleep yet.

Aw, he looks nice! I bet he’s a hell of a guy. :smiley:

Place of birth: Uncanny Valley, PA.

He looks like he’s part of a conspiracy to put cartoonists out of work.

That smiley has now been ruined for me forever. Looks just like him!

He gives James Carville a run for his money.

He looks like his face was made out of cut up pieces of other people’s faces, and they weren’t all at the same scale. Gah.

Damn, he gives He who shall remain Nameless a run for his money :eek:

Dude looks like he’s facing directly into an F/A-18 engine at full military power.

Black hole sun, won’t you come.
And wash away the rain.
Black hole sun, won’t you come.

Yowzer. That’s…quite a face.

James Carville is proof that a man can look like Skeletor and Mum-Rah and still have his face plastered all over TV, as long as he provides colorful enough commentary.

When a female version of James Carville becomes a talking head, we will truly be an egalitarian society.

And when we get a female version of Filner, we will all turn to stone.

Under his picture on Wikipedia it says, “The Terrifying Robert E. Filner”.

He looks like a frog…NO, I take it back. Frogs can be kinda cute. Good god, it’s like every feature on his face came from a different “kit or mold” that had no relation to the other. :smack:

It looks like he’s had some sort of bizarre forehead lift. There are no wrinkles on his forehead and his eyebrows are way pulled up in points.

That top one is a bad photo. Try to imagine what the other choices from the entire shoot must have looked like if this was the best one.

It’s not as apparent in a still photo, but I’d like you to consider my nomination of Ann Coulter for female skeletal Carville-esque talking head.

Filner’s portrait is reminding me of a cartoon character, but which one is eluding me. It’s going to drive me nuts until I figure it out.