Weight Loss Support Thread [edited title]

Looks like no one started a February thread and February is almost over, so I figured a twofer was in order.

I am pleased to report that in spite of my holiday blow out in December/January, which was undone very quickly, as of yesterday I weighed what I have not weighed since 1994.

Total lost since last year when I changed my eating is 48 pounds, total lost from my highest weight ever, which was 8-12 years ago is about 80.

Goal is fuzzy, but essentially as much as I can before I start to feel that I am less comfortable and less attractive because of wrinkly ruined skin than I am with extra weight. I think another 30-40 pounds.

Best part: very relaxed, unstressed. Don’t think about it much, really. And that’s the only way I could ever hope to succeed. Iron will just isn’t in my skillset.

I have been on a steady pace of losing 1.5 pounds a week since early October. Down from 242 to 210. My goal is 190, which I hope to reach in May.

Went to Hawaii for 6 days in January, and decided to eat whatever and whenever I wanted. Put on 2.5 pounds in six days. It took me 10 days to take it off again. But I’m back on track now.

I live mostly on high protein shakes and bars, plus 16 ounces of low-sodium V8 (I drink it mostly for the potassium) and some fruit. It’s boring but effective. And it’s easy, minimal choices on what to eat today.
Roddy

Down 54 pounds as of today. Still a long way to go, but I’m actually pretty happy about it so far.

I’ll admit, at the height of my weight, I was ingesting in excess of 3k calories a day. Now I’m around 1800, and … Well, it’s -math-. I’m good at math. I like math. So it’s much easier for me.

The only downside (cut and pasted from the other thread):

For whatever reason, while I’ve lost quite a bit, I’m not noticing my clothing size changing much. You’d think over 50 pounds would do that, and while there are a couple of shirts that now fit me -better-, I’m not noticing any that are now -big- on me. I’m beginning to wonder where the heck it is that I’m losing this weight -from-, as it’s seemingly not my torso.
Struggling with how clothes fit is demoralizing.

Congrats!

I had the same problem. I mean, there are still shirts that I wore before that are in the “acceptable” range. However, I also tend to be rather oblivious to my appearance and to the fit of my clothing, so I still wear, say, my size 26s when I fit in 16Ws, just because they aren’t quite falling off on their own yet.

I think that the fact that some are fitting better is an indication that you are changing shape. Have you tried the next size down?

That’s pretty weird. But I know where you’re coming from. While I haven’t lost nearly as much as you, I’ve been taking photos of myself every Monday for the past 8 weeks. I tried not to look at them too closely but curiosity got the best of me and I lined them all up. I have not lost one bit in my arms or my tummy. Nothing in my torso at all.

But I did notice my butt is less shelf-y and my back is less roll-y. Neither of these things change how my pants fit around my waist or how my shirts hang off my body so my clothes don’t look any different. It is truly frustrating!

I’m really sorry your clothes aren’t changing for you after all this weight loss :frowning: I’m hoping that your clothes just fit poorly before or something and now they fit well.

As for my weightloss I’m still going. Still battling almost crippling indigestion and now I’ve gone to the doctor about it. Had an ultrasound that came out normal, Monday will get the results of blood tests and will see a gastro doc on the 5th. I got some new drugs, different than the OTC Prilosec I’ve been taking. Day 1 on those meds was not pretty. Day 2 and 3 have been ok so far.

This weekend I decided to skip my swim (usually swim on Friday or Saturday) and just rest. Also skipping my calorie counting and just eating what I feel like (low carb, of course). Pissed because I used my last brick of cream cheese on what turned out to be a crappy dessert! Boo!

TMI girly stuff:

Even though I take the pill to manage my period - I don’t get it without the pill - I seem to be getting my period without it now and I’m not pleased. I got it last month and I’m getting it again. I don’t want to deal with that nonsense and my stomach issues and trying to stay motivated at the gym.

I’ve always had spotting when my exercise habits change but this is new - to get it regularly 2 months in a row while dieting and exercising. Argh.

Wohoo, jumped on the scales this morning and I’m 116.9kg. Yes, my official weigh-in day was yesterday, but I do weigh myself every morning. I love seeing the ‘whole number’ change!

SW: 129.4kg
CW: 116.9kg

I’m down 0.4 lbs. this week after being up 1.2 last week. I’m at the point now where I have to fight for every lost pound, so I’m exercising more and really watching and tracking my food. This seems to be helping because I’m losing more than I’m gaining, but the up-and-down on the scale is really frustrating.

The good news is that, with gas being up to almost $3.75 a gallon, I’ve got even more reasons to ride my bike. If I ride for an hour, that’s 5 activity points and I’ve got my errands done.

I’ve only lost 4 pounds since the new year, but I’ve lost an inch off my tummy (the dreaded belly fat) and half an inch off my thighs. I can almost take my skirt off without unzipping it. Apparently I’m in the “losing inches, not pounds” mode. I don’t care what I weigh, as long I’m a size 10 (currently a 12-14).

This happened to me last time, too. I lost about 40 pounds, and I was still wearing the exact same clothes. It was a little weird to me, but they did fit a lot better. Maybe I just was always wearing them too tight before.

Have you tried shopping for new clothes? Even if your old ones fit, new ones might be smaller.

Subscribing.

Joined a Weight Watchers at Work program 3 Mondays ago, and this week was the first weigh in expecting a loss. Officially, -1.5.

I wanna be 199.5 by this time next year, provided I survive the December apocalypse. At 1.5/week, that is right on time.

Welcome aboard the weight loss train!

I haven’t been trying seriously to lose weight for about a year, (and luckily haven’t gained much,) but I’ve decided to give up approximately 500 Calories a day for Lent, keep exercising for at least half an hour a day, and see where that gets me! :slight_smile:

My total for the year- that is two months of salads and exercise is a whopping 3.5 kg. This is taking a lot longer than I thought.

I guess that is still 4% of my original body weight. Onward to 5%- at this rate I’ll be there come March 30th.

reposted from the January thread

missed last week’s weigh in due to traveling with work, so this is 2 weeks of progress

down 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs) running total is now 13 lbs (should be a stone next week), also another half inch off the waist.

Best bit is sticking to this is not a struggle. onwards!
Didn’t notice the move!

NEWSFLASH: I have thrown out two tops because they are now too big for me.

I have never done this before! I love it!

So, are you topless? :wink:

I wanted to post this in mini-rants, but it might come off as sneak-bragging. Anyway, my work-uniform now hangs off me like a demented circus-tent. I deal with the public. This is ridiculous. And I’m only half way to my goal weight, so if I get a new one now, I’ll have the exact same problem again!

So I went to see my VA doc yesterday and asked for and got the consultation to see the plastic surgeon! The doc agreed that I had excess skin that had to be dealt with because I’ve got lousy skin to begin with, and that the excess is causing additional problems. Of course, the last person she referred to the plastic surgeon was turned down, but it doesn’t cost anyone anything for the consult. And if I get turned down by the VA, I can still go through my regular health insurance.

My startup made it to the finals for two different accelerators and we’re anticipating revenue starting in the next 2 weeks so I’ve been crazy busy (also, OMG, we got our 8 week old product into 2 accelerators and made it to the finals!).

That said, I finally got on the scale and I’ve lost 17 pounds since I started dieting/working out at the end of December. A goodly portion, to my surprise, has come since I dropped all grain carbs (in their entirety) from my diet and my family is flabbergasted by how I dropped weight straight off my stomach. Historically I’ve thinned out all over, but starting in my legs. Now all the waists of my pants are loose but my thighs are still their original size. I’m over Phase 1 of South Beach but I still limit my fruit quantities. I start each day with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and I’m also thinking of getting into green juices soon.

I’m seriously considering foregoing grain carbs except for once a week or something. It vaguely makes me sad that I won’t get to eat chapatis, but I do not miss the feeling of wanting to eat sweets after dinner.

Starting p90x today. I’m opting for the lean program.

:eek:

:cool:

:smiley: