Need a milk sub for Hamburger Helper.

Moving so cupboard is bare. Need to figure out best sub. All I have is a stick of butter and half stick olio. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What breed of Hamburger Helper? Lasagne? Stroganoff? Cheeseburger Mac? Help me to help you.

I mean, if literally all you have is butter or olio, then some butter and water. If you have anything else at all in the house, there may be a better answer.

Do you have cream of mushroom soup?

Nope that’s about all i have. maybe cook it as is.

Use a smidge more butter, and the same amount of water as the amount of milk called for.

And it’s just fine without the hamburger. :smiley:

I make macaroni & cheese with water instead of milk all the time. I’ve never had hamburger helper but I bet if you make it without the milk and add a smidge of water, you’ll be plenty happy.

I would suggest butter. Or olio.

This is as good an answer as you’re going to get given the constraints. It’s Hamburger Helper; it’ll be fine, although less creamy obviously, without any milk.

Do you have a functioning gun and at least one good bullet?

This advice didn’t work. When I put the bullet in the hot skillet, it fired and shot a hole through the fridge.

I make Hamburger Helper sometimes. We only have skim milk in the house. Skim milk is darned close to water. I’d just use the same amount of water as you were to of milk.

I guess plain yogurt is out of the question.

Look around–can you fashion some sort of rudimentary lathe?

Sounds like delivery to me.

I recently switched to almond milk; and I’m loving it. However I wonder how almond milk would work as a substitute for cow milk in hamburger helper; or for any other recipe that calls for milk for that matter.

I never have milk in the house. I just don’t use it often enough to merit keeping some around, so whenever something calls for milk (that’s not baking) I just toss in some extra butter and water. No one’s ever complained.

Go to the store and buy some milk.

So, you are either over 70 or a crossword puzzle editor (or maybe both).