Cheesburger Helper

I was watching an episode of Family Guy and they were doing a spoof of the Hamburger Helper Hand and the spoofs says he’s got a brother “Cheeseburger Helper.”

My question is there, or was there ever such a thing as Cheeseburger Helper? I googled around but could only find references to that Family Guy Episode

See this link for clip of the show from YouTube

Well, there is ‘Hamburger Helper Cheesy Macaroni’, which I make once or twice a month, much to the delight of my family. I tweak it a little, though; for one thing, I use spaghetti sauce from a jar instead of the hot water (I just warm up the spaghetti sauce and milk together, then proceed to follow instructions, more or less) and stir in about 1/2C of sharp shredded cheddar right at the end. I also tend to use more like a pound and a third of ground beef instead of a pound.

This is surprisingly good reheated for breakfast the next morning.

“I don’t know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself,” Cousin Eddy in “Vacation.”

There’s Hamburger Helper (several of which include cheese), Chicken Helper, and Tuna Helper. There’s Asian Helper, which presumedly requires you to add your own Asian to the recipe. There’s Whole Grain Helper, for people who like to pretend they’re eating healthy. And there was even Fruit Helper, but that’s long gone. But no Cheeseburger Helper.

Yes, they make a cheeseburger hamburger helper.

God, I love my mom’s Tuna Helper Plus. Mmmm…