Is the movie Mirror, Mirror misandrist crap or is it just me? (boxed spoilers)

Prefaced by pointing out that I’m as militant-feminist as the next chick, and I heartily enjoy movies where “beautiful helpless princess” stereotypes get turned on their head.

Went to see the first of the new Snow White movies, Mirror, Mirror, last night. Yeah, the dialogue was largely crap and the plot was largely silly, but I liked the dwarves and a few other bits.

But dayumn, folks,

is it really necessary to repeatedly and gratuitously beat up and then sexually assault the prince? That shit’s not funny.

(Okay, I may have slightly overstated the “sexual assault” bit, but what do you call it if you forcibly kiss somebody who doesn’t want you to kiss them but can’t prevent it because they’re tied to a chair? I don’t care if they’re under a spell or not, that’s skeevy.)

All right, that’s my humorless-bitch take on it: what did you think? (If you don’t know because you didn’t see the movie, I applaud your judgement.)

My first thought was Uhura pulling that knife on Sulu… but okay.

It’s a Trope.

I’m female and I agree with you, there is something inherently wrong with those sorts of scenes.

Passed by a movie theater this evening. According to the marquee, they’re showing “MIRORR MIRORR”.