My Facebook changed to Timeline

Don’t hate it as much as I thought I might.

Phew. I thought I was going to have to go to bed tonight not knowing the answer to the burning question of, “has etv78’s Facebook updated to Timeline yet, and if so, what does he think about this?”

Now I can sleep the sleep of the angels.

Clearly you’re enraged. Otherwise you would have posted this on the timeline you supposedly don’t hate.

I see right through you, etv78!

My business page did, too. I hate it. Absolutely detest it. My personal page I’ve managed to keep old school, so far, but I know my days are numbered.

I chose to update my page to timeline. I don’t see much of a difference except for the big photo.

I still don’t have it. Does it change your actual home page, too, or just your profile page? Because, while I have no problem with people hating timeline, it doesn’t make sense to me to be more upset about the change of your profile than the change of everyone else’s.

Okay, there’s one more thing: does it destroy privacy settings? Because I’ve yet to see a Timeline page that is completely blocked off to non-friends, while I still see old pages that were. I can see how that would upset people. (Though I personally handle it by not letting there actually be any information on my page that I wouldn’t want a stranger to know.)

Just your profile page. And I agree that the outrage over it is absurd - how often do you spend time on your own profile page?

I hate it, didn’t want it, was forced into it somehow. I don’t know how to change it back though, or if its possible

Nope, it’s not reversible.

Your own page, not so much, probably. Someone else’s page? Plus, once your page turns to Timeline, it makes it harder for other people to find stuff on your page. If you want them to find the stuff, that’s an issue.

I use the Socialfixer plugin, which, among other things, turns Timeline into a single column layout instead of dual. Much easier for me to find things on my friends’ timelined pages.

When clicking recent stories I wanted to read and video that I wanted to view I’ve seen notices that they were going to “upgrade” me if I went further.