What's the nerdiest thing about you?

After seeing the "what’s the most extraordinary thing you’ve posted about yourself.’ thread, I really wasn’t able to come up with anything that would really make me stand out…I’m smart and a big nerd, but that’s pretty common on these boards (and really, in life). Nothing big there. And then I thought…well, with a big bunch of nerds, what’s the nerdiest thing about them?

So, Nerds Unite! What’s the nerdiest/geekiest thing about you?

Me? I have a spreadsheet that lists every roller coaster I’ve ever ridden, including location, year built, speed, height, inversions, etc.

Yes, I’m a nerd.

I have a shelf on my bookshelf that’s sagging to the point of breaking under the weight of a role-playing game’s rulebooks.

I never thought I was a nerd, until I realized I can quote hours of dialog from Voyager, Buffy, Witchblade, Firefly, and now Big Bang.

I have a tattoo of the Starbrand.

I took off work to play Diablo III.

At age 28, I still build Lego vehicles. They’ve become a lot bigger and better, though.

A few years’ back, my team had a Nerdiest Contest. I beat the physicist and the mathematician-turned-programmer by virtue of a Master’s in Theoretical Chemistry.

I’m not a nerd, but I’m a nerd groupie who always wished I could be a nerd. You are my new nerd hero.

I’m a nerd but I can pass as normal.

I’m a pretty hardcore IT Guy™. I’ve forgotten more about tech than most people learn in a lifetime, and I can build complex business computing environments practically in my sleep.

I’m a High-Functioning Nerd.

I don’t know what the nerdiest thing about me is. I read math books in bed, which drives Pepper Mill nuts. I always carry a book with me. I memorize long but interesting numbers (although I can’t recirte pi to a hundred places, or anything like that)

I absolutely love reading Medicare, Medicaid & health reform legislation. Fortunately, that’s a large part of what I do professionally. Today is my lucky day!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on that ruling.

I play a bunch of play-by-post and play-by-email role-playing games.

Where do I begin?

The nerdiest, in my opinion: I create my own languages for fun. No, I can’t talk in any of them. Most of them were done before I knew anything about phonetics and need to be redone. The nerdiest thing about that: the vast majority are for Thundercats fanfiction.

I co-own a roleplaying play by post website. I haven’t actually RPed on it in quite a while but others still do and I maintain all the tech parts of it. It’s Star Wars.

I’m on the SDMB.

I have memorized over 100 digits of Pi.

I often write in Tolkien’s Evlish alphabet.

I’m working on creating my own 13-month calender.

Yep, I think I’m pretty nerdy.

Umm… I secretly enjoy ABBA. There…I said it! I feel so relieved now!

Mostly Clueless is mine. How can you not love an adult who makes LEGO stuff??

A couple nights ago, I browsed thru Hardy and Wright’s A*n Introduction to the Theory of Numbers *(5th Edition) before dropping off to sleep. I wanted to ponder some stuff about quadratic fields. The part about Euclidean quadratic fields was quite interesting.

I also like to take a book (and a crossword) with me when I’m going to be in a waiting room. I am baffled by people who come into waiting rooms and just sit there.

Recent books read: In Pursuit of the Unknown: 17 Equations That Changed the World by Ian Stewart, Simon: The Genius in My Basement by Alexander Masters about Simon P. Norton, and All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge by Kee Malesky. Books like the latter are good for reading in little bits here and there.

That’s just the nerdy stuff I’m doing now. The stuff I did when I was a research professor in Computer Science is really over the edge. E.g., I proved that the generalized version of a simple board game is PSPACE-Complete. And that was for fun. The serious stuff is … not explainable to mere mortals.