Fluoride - Pineal Gland blocker?

I’ve heard a vast collection of stories, studies and theories on this.

I’m always initially a skeptic, but after becoming very interested in the human brain/pineal gland/higher consciousness, I found the studies to have some merit.

I asked around, (dentist, orthodontist, doctor) and not a single one of them could give me the info I was looking for. They all beat around the bush. None of them would admit that it has ZERO beneficial effects, yet none of them would claim it did. I asked, “So what is the true purpose of Fluoride in dental products” and couldn’t get a straight answer.

So after that I stopped using Fluoride toothpaste, because I saw no legitimate benefit in using it. Unfortunately, fluoride is regulated and in just about every toothpaste formula out there… Tom’s and Burt’s Bees have non-fluoride alternatives, so I gave them both a try. Burt’s Bees was great and I’ve been using it for well over a year now.

Has there been significant effects in which I can prove that Fluoride is a government administered brain clouder? No. However, I can say that I am in a much more spiritually sound place than I was two years ago. I also remember my dreams more often than in the past and have lucid dreams from time to time. My knowledge of meditation and consciousness has obviously grown since then (through reading and research), but regardless: Fluoride, Why?

Benefits? Neg. Effects? Control of the masses?

What is your opinion?

It is excellent for adding impurities to our precious bodily fluids.

Please elaborate. How do you mean “spiritually sound”? Are you a better person, morally? Do you feel better? Do tell.

So you consulted dentists and orthodontists and doctors and not one told you that fluoride prevents tooth decay? That’s the reason it is added to water in the U.S. and that has never been a secret. I’m having trouble believing asked multiple people with medical degrees and none of them knew that, but maybe you’ve had your teeth worked on by some very stupid people. If so, you have my sympathies. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had no idea what to say if you were asking them about what fluoride does to your pineal gland.

Here’s something we can agree on.

That’s funny, because it is pretty straightforward. Fluoride hardens the enamel in your teeth and reduces tooth decay.

I am not aware of any studies of the effects of fluoride on your spiritual levels - it’s mostly teeth.

Welcome to the SDMB. I suspect for some reason that your stay may not be a protracted one.

Regards,
Shodan

i find it amazing how people can read a post, pull what they want to bitch about and disregard the entire point of the post.

i’m not one of the people who thinks fluoride is “out to get you”.

although it seems quite apparent there are people who think that way. i’m just in the middle trying to understand why. i’ve seen the for and the against, and to me the side effects outweigh the beneficial effects. my teeth are far from decaying, in fact i haven’t had a cavity since i was like a 10 year old candy lover… now i eat healthy and exercise regularly… why do i need a forced preventative measure for tooth decay? i don’t.

It’s not a *forced *preventative measure; it’s a *free *preventative measure.

You’re welcome.

You said it has no beneficial effects - it’s practically impossible to be more wrong than that - and suggested that your mental and spiritual health has improved since you stopped using fluoride toothpaste. Then you asked if the stuff is used for mind control on the masses. Perhaps you can understand where people got that impression that you’re one of those people.

Are you asking about fluoridated water, or the toothpastes? Because even if you don’t use the fluoridated toothpaste anymore, I wouldn’t be surprised if the water by itself provides all the fluoride necessary to prevent tooth decay (in combination with good dental hygiene and healthy eating, and perhaps good genetics).

Well, for one thing, without fluoride, your shift key stops working. There’s that.

i disagree… i would consider it forced when your public water supply contains fluoride. you really have no means of avoiding it unless you set up a custom filtration system. it should be the other way around. CLEAN H2O, and if you want fluoride you can get a fluoride additive filter.

Coulda fooled me -

But no, fluoridation does not enable “control of the masses”.

That’s American Idol.

Regards,
Shodan

disabled caps on my iphone, it gets annoying when random words become capitalized

I don’t understand why you’re so hard on thebizness. I don’t see a firm dogmatic assertion that it IS a mass control conspiracy. They’re just asking questions.

Are you sure it’s not because of your pineal gland?

Regards,
Shodan

Or his pinkies.

understandable, i see how i could have sounded like one. i just like to see both sides of things… but by your posts, you come off as the all knowledgeable dentist or something… do you have physical proof that the fluoride you’ve consumed has helped prevent tooth decay? i didn’t think so.

i just can’t see how one of the ingredients in rat poison is truly beneficial to humans. there has to be a better alternative than fluoride to “prevent tooth decay”.

and really being the public water system is equally as bothersome as the fact it is in toothpaste.

Your failure to see or understand something has no relevance. This is an argument from ignorance.

I take it you’re not a big fan of nitroglycerin, either.

Oh, well that’s all well and good, then. Luckily, it’s not annoying when people don’t capitalize properly.

Regarding “physical proof”, a simple Google search turned up this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2127367/pdf/9329305.pdf (warning, PDF)

…and this: http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/7897002/reload=0;jsessionid=FQ2wNLQz84lZbJlOBRoJ.0

…and this: http://www.ada.org/fluoride.aspx

…and this: Fluoride in water prevents adult tooth loss, study suggests -- ScienceDaily

…and so on. Maybe read through those and see what counterarguments you come up with.

My mother probably wishes. :wink:

Well, you’re asking two different questions here - one good and one ridiculous. The good question is, “Is there scientific evidence fluoride can prevent tooth decay?” The answer is yes. Here’s a basic article about one study. From a Google search I’m seeing estimates that adding water to fluoride reduces tooth decay 20 to 40 percent. The ludicrous question would be “Do you know for a fact that your teeth would be worse if you didn’t use fluoridated water and toothpaste?” The answer is that we can’t know what would happen in my specific case. I doubt my teeth would be better.

I saw someone else point this out on another message board, but warfarin is also used in rat poison. However it’s also a life-saving drug used to prevent blood clots. The fact that something can be used as a poison in some contexts does not mean it’s always bad. Almost anything can kill you if you do the wrong thing with it.

I’m not bothered by it at all.