Was Obama drugged?

I didn’t see this discussed in another thread. If it has been, please close this.

About 5 minutes into the first Obama/Romney debate, my partner asked “Is he on drugs?” We both agreed that it sure looked like he was, and we both agreed that he sure wouldn’t take them knowingly. But dammit, he looked like a man on downers, who’s trying very hard to act like he’s not. The only conclusion we could come to is that someone slipped him something. On the other hand, his closest associates would have had suspicions, and had him tested. If the test came out positive, it would have made headlines throughout the world.

Now, I’m not into conspiracy theories, but this one strikes me as being is at least somewhat plausible.

So is this even a serious possibility?

First time I’ve heard this. We’ll add it to the pile (where already lies various variations on “he did it on purpose”).

Also, LOL at his “closest associates” “having him tested.” Don’t think one can have the president tested for drugs absent some truly bizarre situation.

Given the stresses of campaigning (and I guess being president fills one’s day, too) I can easily picture him being tired and not at his best. That’s a far more plausible explanation than him being drugged.

No

Is Biden going to be on drugs too?

We can only hope.

How would we know?

I’d peg Biden as more of a shrooms guy.

Whither this secret knowledge?

Maybe he’s a guy who’s…down. And trying to pretend like he’s not.

Someone suggested altitude sickness. When did he arrive in CO?

That was Gore . . . not the most outlandish claim he’s ever made.

How could he try very hard to act like he’s not on something that he didn’t know he was on? :confused:

It was his anniversary, maybe he and Michelle had a few drinks? But I doubt it. It was a bad debate, that’s it.

You ever been in a vice presidential debate… on shrooms?

I think he was hypnotized by an evil republican in the audience.

The answer is yes. panache45, you found me out. I administered drugs to Obama just before the debate to ruin his performance. Damn it, it was supposed to be a secret. How could I possibly have known that some astute member of a message board would see through my clever ruse?

Now I’m going to have to give the money back to the Republicans. Curse you, panache45. You ruined my planned weekend getaway to the Cayman Islands.

Thanks OP, I just about peed my pants laughing. You’re even funnier than the birthers!

It is amazing how elections turn people into crazed lunatics, proposing outlandish theories to avoid having to accept that their preferred candidate just plain and simple fucked up. Can you imagine how loud you would laugh if Romney had been the one that flopped the debate, and conservatives were scurrying around proposing some of these things? “Oh, Romney must have been drugged! I knew it from the moment I saw him! I normally don’t buy into crazy theories, but this is plausible!” Give me a break!

Obama was not drugged - at least, not without his knowledge. There is no way whatsoever. Imagine the furor that would erupt if the perpetrator were caught? No one would risk it.

And he did not have altitude sickness either. Denver is not that high. Healthy 50-year-old men who work out regularly do not get altitude sickness at 5,000 feet. It just does not happen. Most commercial airliners have a cabin altitude (meaning the altitude the cabin is pressurized to) of 8,000 feet.

I think the idea that somebody secretly drugged the President is incredibly unlikely.

There’s a much more obvious answer: Obama was over-confident. He had a solid lead on Romney, Romney had made several gaffes during the campaign, and Obama was too confident in his own intelligence. He probably figured he’d just show up and walk away with the debate.

Elections don’t do that.