Good party music

I’ve been tasked with coming up with a playlist of party music for my office Christmas party. We do not want Christmas music. The attendees range in ages from mid-20s to mid-50s, so I’d like a nice eclectic mix that has something that will appeal to almost anyone. I have Spotify, so I have access to practically anything, and if it’s a good song they don’t have I can just get it off of iTunes. I’ve got a list set up already, but I figured I’d turn here to see if there was anything I could add to it that I hadn’t thought of. So what songs do you think of when you think of a fun, awesome party?

It really depends. What sort of atmosphere do you want and what sort of musical tastes does your office have?

Kick-ass dance party?

Chill hip-hop bottle service club vibe (unless your office is the head of Def Jam records, probably not)?

More laid back hipster indie rock?

Girltalk.

He is a mashup artist, but don’t let that dissuade you. He is very good at what he does, and makes something new and unique.

It is like playing everyone’s favorite song at the same time. Dancy, edgy, and clever.

Fela Kuti, any kind of bossa nova, BB King, The Andrews Sisters. It’s all quirky stuff, but gets a fun mood going, allows people to chat etc.
Disclaimer: YMMV