Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM

Updates on SD User Satyagrahi [edited title]

Hello,

This is Mrs Satyagrahi. I would like to let you know that my husband passed away a few months ago. He was suddenly, and unexpectedly, diagnosed with brain cancer, which turned out to be inoperable as well as end-stage. After diagnosis, the decline was rapid. He did not even get the textbook 3-month survival rate for inoperable glioblastoma. It all happened so fast. We barely had time to mourn the life we would never share.

[Note: Since two different subjects were being discussed in this thread, I have copied part of the OP to MPSIMS and redirected the rest to IMHO. The original thread is here.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator]

Last edited by Colibri; 05-07-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Remove car questions
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM

I hope she sees this thread split, as I have no concrete advice to offer about cars, insurance etc. but wanted to offer my very sincerest condolences.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Thank you, purplehorseshoe, for your condolences. Your words mean a lot. SD meant a lot to my husband. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 AM

So so sorry Mrs Satyagrahi.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Zebra, thank you so much. You are very kind.

Olive, I so appreciate your kind words.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about Satyagrahi. His name was so appropriate for this message board - dedicated to truth. I hope you are doing OK.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM

My condolences to you, Mrs. Satygrahi. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May it be a comfort to you to know how your husband touched the lives of many people who never had the good fortune to meet him in person.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaamika View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about Satyagrahi. His name was so appropriate for this message board - dedicated to truth. I hope you are doing OK.
My sympathy on your loss, and as my friend Anaamika pointed out, his name here was very appropriate. I recall him specifically because the first time I saw it, I went straight to a dictionary - in the spirit of the Straight Dope, just choosing that name your husband fought a little piece of ignorance! (mine)
Old 05-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

I am very sorry to read this.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaamika View Post
I did not know that - thanks for enlightening us!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Very sorry to hear this; my condolences to you Mrs. Satyagrahi.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Satyagrahi. And I'm glad you stopped in to tell us what happened.

(Have you considered picking out a username for yourself and joining the Dope? You'd be welcome here!)
Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 PM

Anaamika, thank you. Believe me, his SDMB user name reflected his personality so aptly... Doing OK may be an overstatement, but I am hardwired for survival, I guess; so I keep going... not sure where or how, but that's all I can do.

Le Ministre de l'au-delà, I lack the eloquence to express how much comfort your words bring to me. Thank you.

Man with a Cat, thank you for sharing this with me. (As a mom of two geriatric felines I feel a lot of affinity for your user name...)

Thank you, Annie-Xmas.

Snowboarder Bo, thank you for your condolences.

Thank you, artemis. The thought did cross my mind, but I am not half as smart as people here. And since S's loss, my IQ seems to have dropped several points. It would be really good if I could find a niche here. The Dope meant so much to my husband. He would always depend on you guys to enlighten him even with his most obscure queries about movies or his book research.

I would like to apologize to you all for my belated response to your kind words. Logging into his Dope account is, for me, the emotional equivalent of playing chicken with my grief. And the grief usually wins.

I wish he could have lived a few months longer to finish his book. He was a few pages away from a very polished first draft. Life could have given him at least this.

Thank you all, so very much.

Last edited by Satyagrahi; 05-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.