Would you be comfortable sharing a dressing room with a gay person??

I guess this question is mostly for you heterosexual guys out there, but I suppose it could be asked of heterosexual women also, relating to Lesbians.
Would you be comfortable sharing a dressing room with a gay person??

I’m a heterosexual male, and I will admit I’m a bit homophobic. I can honestly say I would not be comfortable sharing a dressing room with a gay person.

How do you guys feel aboot this??

Yes I would.

And if you’ve ever been in a dressing room or locker with a group of people, you’ve already done it so you shouldn’t worry over it.

No problem, though I’m more liberal than most. I wouldn’t have too much of a problem sharing with a woman either. If I’m not to have privacy - it doesn’t matter much if the guy is straight or gay - or even a guy at all.

I played sports all my life, and I’m not naive enough to think no closeted gays were ever on my team whom I may have shared a dressing room with.

I just think its something I’d rather not know.
Its none of my business what people do in the privacy of their own homes anyways

So what’s the worse the dude can (realistically) do? Be turned on? You have turned on many gay men without knowing about it.

I am not exactly progressive on gay issues…and I would have no problem.

Probably. And thats exactly what I’m not comfortable with.

We have separate change rooms for men and women, and its for that exact same reason. Women arent comfortable changing in front of drooling guys checking out their bodies

Meh. Who cares? It’s not like he’s going to staring at my fat carcass with lust. Even if he is, again so what?

Doesn’t bother me (and as others have said, its presumably already happened).

I think most gay guys have gotten pretty good at adopting the same polite 100 yard stare that most hertero guys adopt in dressing rooms.

(Checks posting date.

Checks again.

How can this thread NOT be a zombie?

…from 1983?)

Yeah, totally fine sharing a dressing room with a gay person. I’m fine sharing a motel room with a gay person. I’m fine sharing a house with a gay person. I’d share a bed with a gay person if I knew them well enough and we’re a bed short.

Then again, I don’t think I’m so utterly irresistible as to arouse a tendency to rape in normal non-rapey people. So why wouldn’t I be comfortable sharing a dressing room with a gay person of my own gender? Because they might find me attractive? So fucking what? I *am *attractive. So yay, they’ve got good taste! :smiley:

Yes, I was thinking of a way to express this idea. It’s not the same situation at all as it is between sexes. Gay men have been naked alongside straight men their entire lives.

Like at a clothing store? I wouldn’t be comfortable sharing a dressing room at Lord and Taylor with anyone, gay or straight, man or woman.

As far as a locker room goes, I’m generally one of the more modest, do-your-thing-and-get-out-quickly-and-efficiently types. As long as you’re not one of those annoying I-like-to-walk-around-naked-and-start-conversations-with-strangers-for-no-reason types, I don’t have a problem.

How embarrassing. You should probably stop.

No problems, hey being an object of lust is just an occupational hazard of being as awesome as I am.

I am a gay man and I have changed in locker rooms with other men for decades. If a guy is really good looking I don’t deny that I sneak a quick, discrete look. So what? Most men, gay or straight, look at the bodies of other men when they get a chance. It is partly sexual, partly just curiosity.

But I am curious about you, Esco. How old are you? Is your body sexy, do you work out, do you have a big one? How would you rate yourself in male sexiness, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest)?

What really makes gay men laugh is when some straight guy 30 lbs. overweight with a pot belly, hair on his back, a bald spot on his head and a face like an old tire says about gays: “They better stay away from ME!!!” as if he contemplates having to beat us off with a stick.

The funny thing about straight men is that they think gays are just drooling for sex 24/7 with any male they can get their hands on. Occasionally, a bi guy will decide to “take a walk on the wild side” and tries to get picked up at a gay spot. There is nothing sadder than his realization that gays are NOT drooling after him and that getting laid is not easy, unless you happen to be a Channing Tatum look-alike.

Do you have a pic of yourself you can show me, Esco? Because I might have good news and bad news. The good news is that you need not be uncomfortable with gays in the locker room. The bad news is that it’s because they are not very attracted to you. Are you ready for the truth and let the chips fall where they may?

I played sports back in the day, majored in theater as an undergrad, served in the military, and belong to a gym. I assume I’ve shared a locker room with quite a few gay dudes over the years. Probably share the one at the gym with gay dudes now. No problem.

Not a problem. I have shared a room with gay men before, two times. Coincidentally they were both psychiatrists. I became good friends with both as a result. No sexual tension, just guys with common interests rooming together.

Yeah, I’m fine with it. Not arrogant enough to think I’m irresistible, and would be flattered if a woman found me attractive. I really don’t understand what the problem is. I am comfortable with my sexuality to the extent that I am not threatened by someone else’s.

This is not a Great Debate.

It is an opinion poll that you will next find in the IMHO forum.

No. I look better in clothes than I do naked, so if I’m turning any girls on, it’s while we’re all milling about fully clothed.

Come to think of it, I’d probably rather be naked around some chicks who think I’m sexy (but can’t have me) than chicks who are turned off by me (and also can’t have me. ha!)