2 sentence horror stories

In a post over on io9.com, the challenge was thrown out to write a two sentence horror story. Most of the submissions were pretty banal, but this one really got me:

Can you come up with anything better than that? Of course you can. You’re the finest gathering of minds this planet has ever seen.

Remember. Two sentences. That’s it. Go.

That one is going around on Tumblr. And, yeah, it’s pretty good.

I gazed up at the moon-lit figure, blurry in my sight, silhouetted in a pale rectangle that promised more than any other doorway.

He knelt down and offered me his hand, saying “Stand now, if you want to live again.”

For sale: baby manacles , slightly gnawed.

While sitting on the couch, my girlfriend put her arm around me. As she started stroking the back of my neck, she leaned forward and picked up the popcorn bowl and grabbed a handful while passing it to me.

Nice. Here’s my space horror story:
In hindsight, from inside…it, the Quantum Portal was a Venus Flytrap. The digestion began.

I gazed into her brown eyes, seeing my own reflection and knowing how much the sight of my face meant to her. Then I set her head on the bureau and went to get a mop.

Here’s a classic:

A man awoke in the dark, frightened. He reached for a match, and a match was placed in his hand.

At 35 years old, she knew it was time to stop giving into silly superstitions so as she turned off the light in the basement, she walked up the stairs instead of running.

Then there was the tug on the back of her shirt…

They buried him just after dawn. He died early the next day.

That’s very good.

He was still ravenously hungry. But there wasn’t much more of himself that he could eat.

“Doctor, I’m ready for the anesthesiologist,” I said. “Not this time,” he said, locking the door.

Rushing to greet Lucy at the door, Henry stammered, “My God, honey, I had such nightmares, they said there had been an accident…” He trailed off, noticing her two dogs back away stiffly, eyes round, urinating.

The last human on Earth sat alone in a room. Then They broke down the door.

Thanks! (For a certain twisted value of “very good”.)

It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly a shot rang out!

I feel like I’ve read that one before…

Considering I shudder every time the sentences pop in my head… yes, very good!

The boy stood staring at his mother’s coffin. He wondered what form her body took, that required her casket be shaped like a ring.

From the Twilight Zone.

The father sat on the bed beside his son. “Danny, take off your shoes, now the other one…now the other one.”