It's the old fart's MMP!!

Tune up the orchestra, hang the streamers, load the confetti cannon, light the candles:
It’s swampbear’s birthday!!!

Yes, the MMP’s senior (in more ways than one) bear is another year older, tho not necessarily wiser. Certainly another year more curmudgeonly. :smiley: Yet despite being a geezer, he’s still one of us, and we shall celebrate him as befits our little community.

<insert general pandemonium and riotous but socially acceptable cavorting>
And all together now:

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR SSWAAAAMMPYYYY!!!

Happy Birthday, you old fart!! MWAH!!!

First! Woot!

Many happies, you old git!

I am sure there will be appropriate celebrations all day in the cave, most of which we are probably far too delicate to hear about.

May the beer and cookies never stop!

I’d have made you the cookies if they could arrive fresh.

Oh, and since we are both Whiskeypalians:

*Watch over your child, O Lord, as his days increase; bless and guide him wherever he may be. Strengthen him when he stands; comfort him when discouragedor sorrowful; raise him up if he falls; and in his heartmay your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of his life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. *

AYYYY-MENNNN!!!

Happy Swampy Day!

I’m off to the fishy shop and the booze making shop today- two excellent kinds of shopping, in my view! Much better’n borin’ ol shoes or clothes. I’m going to try bottle my first batch of wine this afternoon, assuming it tastes ok!

h[color=“yellow”]a[color=“blue”]p[color=“darkorange”]p[color=“darkorchid”]y[/color][/color][/color] b[color=“magenta”]i[color=“slategray”]r[color=“red”]t[color=“sienna”]h[color=“darkgreen”][color=“darkgreen”]d[color=“royalblue”]a[color=“yellow”]y[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]

s[color=“purple”]wa[color=“deepskyblue”]m[color=“darkorange”]p[color=“lime”]y[/color][/color][/color][/color]
YOU’RE MY FAVORITE BEAR!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 93 for the day. This will be the warmest day we’ve had in several weeks. Yay! It’s supposed to be hawt on my birthday that’s why it’s in Summer.

Thanks MOOOOOOM for the OP. IMO Riotous cavorting is always socially acceptable. :smiley: However, you might want to explain to flytrap that he still has to use a coaster.

Thanks all for the bday wishes. We shall have dindin at the local good seafood place bein’ as I have my birthday coupon for a free meal. At some point this week we shall also have brekkie at IHOP bein’ as I have my birthday coupon for a free meal from there as well. Yeah, we go all out. Then again, part of today’s plans do include goin’ to a funeral this mornin’ which is well, a bummer, but such is life sometimes.

Now I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy is hongry. Then, alas, purtification for irk and funeralizin’ must commence.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Hoooray! Happy Birthday, swampy!!! :):slight_smile:
And in other good news I’ve already lost more than half of the weight that I gained in my grief eating spree. Go, me! :smiley:

Soon I’ll be off to water aerobics and maybe do some walking around the track, too. Hope everyone has a great (as can be for a Monday) day!

Happy Birthday swampy!!!

: flings confetti with wild abandon :

6 days till vacation.

Blurf.

Happy birthday, Swampy. Ye Olde Pharte!

TVCTPMO is at it again. I wanted to ride my bike to irk today, but the back tire was low, and my tire pump broke. :mad:

***Happy Swampy Day!

It’s a gloriously cool 68° here, so the house is open… for now. No crabbers so far, so my day will be spent at home, probably. Not too terrible for a Moanday.

Happy Moonday!

I’m trying to get up and get moving but I feel ick.

My ear still hurts so off to the doctor sometime today. I have a pair of cats to feed.
The mortgage guy is on vacation for a week, I hope I can talk to his assistant and find out my next steps - of course the offer hasn’t been accepted yet but the realtor is sure it will be.
I have to find a termite inspector and a house inspector, which of course means writing more checks for more money.

I’s a nice 65 degrees outside with a projected high of 82.
Of course the AC is on here… glad I don’t pay the electric bill.
My window is open anyway.

I need to calculate funds.
I need to get cleaned up.
I need some food.

What… Swampy’s grey?

Hippy Birds Day Swampy!

That implies that there is more than one of them.
Good gad.

Swampy Birthday to Happy! Umm, that didn’t turn out right. Excuse me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope everyone has a good day.

I have to go mail some stuff, and then I think I’ll be a hermit for the rest of the day and work on music or some such thing. I have this week off work and school, and then I go back next week.

stickybuns woohoo on the weight loss! Go You!

I do believe these are just about the most colorful bday wishes I have ever received. :smiley:

Off to funeralize in a few. Tell me I don’t know how to celebrate!

Happy Swampy Day!

This is por vous.

Older Sister texted me last night. She’s planning on bringing her swarm with her to visit the Olde Shack in the Woods and actually stop by and visit. :eek: Where’s my fainting couch!

I plan to fritter away my day doing absolutely nothing productive. It’s good to have goals.

Happy Swampy Day!

I totally stole that from Spaz because I’m lazy. But it was still heartfelt.

I had a nice day off on Friday where I only did what I wanted, and a weekend mostly full of that, as well. Roomie hurt her leg on Saturday morning and was useless in house-cleaning help, as per usual. I didn’t realize that I was kind of mad at her for it until she apologized last night.

Saturday I spent a little time at my aunt’s house and watched other people’s kids play because once you get to a certain age, that’s all you do anymore. I only went over there to see my dad, and I am so tired of watching other people’s children play that I could just throw up. Sure, I am related to these kids, but what the hell? Then Dad and I went out to dinner and had a nice time, I called Mom (who didn’t travel up with Dad because she doesn’t give a damn about his golf tournament) and spent a half an hour on the phone with her, and that was about the extent of outside contact I bothered with all weekend.

Yesterday, I sat down and wrote, which I haven’t done in about a year and a half. It was enjoyable, but it wasn’t good. However, getting back into writing felt nice, so maybe there’s hope for me yet.

I got to work this morning and found out that a bunch of stuff didn’t get done because I wasn’t here. The reason I took Friday off is because I was feeling so totally overwhelmed that it was take a day off or throw a screaming fit and walk out. So that’s still on the table. Yay.

Swampy, I have given up all pretence at doing any irk. I have made a cup of tea and I’m sitting here enjoying the t-boomers and the veritable frog-strangling that is going on outside my 5th floor window.