What do you shower with, if not soap?

My girlfriend thinks I’m a dinosaur because I shower with a bar of Ivory soap (after all, it’s 99 44/100% pure!). I can’t even tell you what she uses; her 90% of the shower caddy is filled with enough lotions and potions to make Hogwart’s jealous, and I can’t tell which are for actually cleaning purposes.

So how about it? What else is there? And should I think about upgrading? Thanks, gang!

Handmade lavender clery sage secented goats milk soap that a friend makes. It smells good and helps moisturize. When I run out of that I buy a locally produced goats milk lavender oatmeal soap that has the same effect.
Mmm, lavender.

Body wash. Regular soap makes me feel filmy.

You should be showering with her.

I’ve been house sitting for my sister and staying and showering there for a few days, and there’s not a bar of soap in the house anywhere.

It’s all liquid soap in pump bottles, which I really hate in the shower because it requires both hands. There’s something I like about just running the bar over my body that I didn’t even realize I would miss.

It smells nice, though – some kind of vanilla scent.

I use a bar as well as the liquid form of…soap…

Once you’re a clean dinosaur, who cares? :slight_smile:

Dr Bronner’s peppermint. Soap, but in liquid form.

Not a big fan of the body wash trend, as it means they’re selling you a good deal of water along with the moisturizers and surfactants and what have you. I’m content to use a bar of soap and add my own water, thanks.

That said, I do enjoy the fancy soaps. Lately I’ve been using Nancy Boy’s “Hearth” scent soap, as well as their shampoo. Both smell delightful and do what I require of them.

I use that as my shampoo as well as body soap.

I use body wash. I can’t understand using bar soap for hand washing either. Liquid is so much easier to work with.

I get really dry skin in the winter so I have quit using all regular soaps. I use Tom’s, or goat’s milk, or anything organic that doesn’t dry the skin out. I switch it up and vary. It has made a huge difference.

Sometime about eight or nine years ago, I came into possession of a free case (48 bars) of Cashmere Bouquet Mild Beauty soap. I’m down to about four bars now.

Hint for frugal bar soap users- buy the stuff on sale in bulk and then take the bars out of their wrappings. They’ll harden over time and last longer when you get around to using them.

I use bar soap in the shower. Usually something locally made that I bought at a street fair or at the co-op.

We have liquid soap at the sinks for washing hands, though.

I use bar soap and a washcloth for my delicate bits and a loofah and body wash for everything else. The bar soap doesn’t transfer to a loofah well. I don’t feel like I get properly clean without something to actually scrub with.

When I see a family all sharing a single bar soap with no washcloths I find that a bit squicky. Especially when I can see curly hairs sticking off it…

What if the remaining .56 % is pigshit, though?:stuck_out_tongue:

I use Irish Spring bar soap. And I sing Danny Boy in the shower while lathering.

I miss this stuff. I used to use Irish Spring all the time. It smells so nic! But it dries my skin out, plus my SO hated the smell.

I am a painfully dry skin type gal in the most humid conditions, so pretty much any bar soap is the worst for me. I am stuck on this spa shower cream stuff from Bath & Body Works - the whole line is super greasy (which I love/need) and doesn’t leave me a withered, dried-out husk. Crazy expensive, so I stock up when they have some giant blowout sale.
So, yeah…sometimes there’s a reason for all the clutter in the shower, guys! :slight_smile:

Moisturizing body wash. I have really dry skin (like I’d be flaking on my keyboard right now if I used soap).

Ivory here as well! Single living means I get to use the bar directly if I want to. Or else shampoo retasked as a bodywash ( just start lathering at the top of the head and keep going downhill).

Soap. Body wash is just soap (well, detergent – but soap has detergent in it these days, too). Both have moisturizers if you need it, but you’re probably better off using a moisturizer that stays on your skin than one that just washes off after ten seconds.