Ladies, what's your favorite body wash?

Short and sweet! What’s your favorite kind of body wash (including brand/scent), and why? I’m looking for a change. =)

Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Cucumber and Green Tea

Pretty cheap, moisturizes nicely, and the smell doesn’t make me barf and doesn’t linger on my skin.

There’s some stuff by Burt’s Bees I like called Gud. The name is stupid as hell, but the orange blossom wash smells really really good. It’s doesn’t linger as long as I’d like, but it makes for a nice shower.

Dove… the kind in white bottles. I like cucumber, nectarine, and rosewood scents. It’s so moisturizing that I can skip lotion in winter, which is a big time savings.

Clinique Happy. I adore the scent.

It’s spendy though. I also get scented goats milk soap from the local flea market from someone who makes it. Lots of wonderful scents and goats milk soap, compared to other soaps, produces masses of fluffy bubbles. :slight_smile:

Softsoap Sweet Honeysuckle and Orange Peel, or Juicy Pomegranate and Mango Infusions. They leave my skin soft yet super clean. And they both smell amazing, for a reasonable price.

St Ives, the moisturizing oatmeal variety, to counteract winter lizard-skin.

I like the IDEA of scented body washes, but not the actual outcome (except for those that have scents that don’t linger.) If the scent does linger, doesn’t it compete/clash with your perfume?

Just checked - it’s called St Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Moisturizing Body Wash.

Depends on the time of the year. Now, when my poor skin dries out? There are a couple of kinds by Aveeno that are good. In the warmer parts of the year, I like Ivory’s. It’s simple, and I’ve always liked the smell of their soap and this smells the same.

LUSH. Which scent depends on the day. But that’s where I spend too much money on soap.

Neutrogena Rain Bath. I buy a big bottle from Sam’s every year when I get my tax check.

Just wondering - I tried their bar soap and it dries my skin out like nobody’s business, even in summer when I don’t have dry skin issues. Do you think their body wash is moisturizing, in your experience?

Philosophy Cherry Cola which they don’t make anymore :frowning: They have other good scents too, but nothing can beat that one.

Thanks for all the responses!

Bars of goat’s milk soap, or the liquid kind?

I was eyeballing that pomegranate scent. Does the smell tend to linger long? I’d prefer if it did. I recently quit smoking, and I like to smell the scent of my bodywash on my arm throughout the day, if possible.

I’m only speaking for myself here, but I never wear perfume (because I hate when you can smell someone coming before you see them). So there’s nothing to clash with =)

I also noticed that Lush bar soap dries me out, which I really can’t afford in winter. Also, their scents don’t linger, which makes them a no-go. And, tangentially, I tried (REALLY tried) using bar soap for a while, but even the good stuff just takes too long. Gotta lather up the washcloth, scrub a couple things, lather again, scrub some more. No thanks! I’d rather squirt some body wash on my poufie and be done in a couple minutes.

I like to buy yummy scented bar soaps when I go to Whole Foods. They are ridiculously expensive, but I can’t help myself. I usually have at least 3 different scented bars in the shower at any one time. I get bored easily. It’s like I have soap ADD. I don’t really like body washes all that much. ETA - Although I did have a giant bottle of Philosophy Pure Grace body was that I loved. I just haven’t bought any more since I ran out. I use the Pure Grace body lotion though. It’s pretty amazing.

Dove’s scent doesn’t linger… but I like to think of their cucumber fragrance as an olfactory “neutral” that plays well with most perfumes.

Korres Basil Lemon is really nice. Smells fresh and clean and I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who can smell it throughout the day, which I like.

I use Dial body wash. I think it’s called yogurt and honey, and it’s got a light sweet vanilla scent and is very moisturizing. Its the only one I’ve found so far that doesn’t dry me out horribly.

I don’t think I’ve used a body wash whose scent lingers after the shower, I just choose them based on what I want to smell during my shower.

I’ve been using Neutrogena Body Clear pink grapefruit body wash. It smells fantastic and helps with sweat-related pimples in the summer time in the cleavage area.

I love love love Aveda Energizing Body Cleanser, but it’s more expensive than I want to pay most of the time. It really wakes me up though.