Interesting new candy.

It’s UNREAL.
Seriously, that’s the company name.

Healthier alternatives to the big names.
No GMOs, corn syrup, preservatives, artificial colors and so on.
Ingredient sourcing.

I tried four of their products-peanut butter cups, caramel nougat and candy-coated chocolate pieces-plain and peanut.

Peanut butter cups-Good flavor, the peanut butter tasted more like the real thing than Reese’s.

Caramel nougat-Similar to a Milky Way though the nougat is noticeably denser.

Candy coated pieces- Both the plain and peanut had an odd flavor to the chocolate not noticed in the other candy. Probably due to a higher cocoa content and lower sugar/no corn syrup. Not a bad flavor but different than typical milk chocolate.
The appearance is jarring at first sight as things like purple cabbage and beetroot are used for coloring. Looked like faded, chalky auto paint. :slight_smile: Didn’t seem to affect the flavor, just weird at first.
The package of peanut was half crushed.

16 grams of fiber total for the 4 pkgs.

Overall, I would say these are worth seeking out.

It’s not so new–I remember getting the peanut butter cups at an Office Depot about a year ago. I thought they were pretty good too. Not sure why they haven’t caught on.

They haven’t had them at the stores I usually shop at.

Target carries them and the Raley’s/Bel Air/Nob Hill grocery chain in Nor Cal. They recently started expanding where they sell them. Our favorite is the peanut butter cups. Better than Reese’s.

Healthy candy. Now in stores next to the diet water.

Is the idea that they’re “healthier” because of those things, or are those additional qualities above the supposed extra helping of healthiness?

It’s my understanding, from reading the website and from packaging, that they do not claim their candy is “healthy” just better than the alternative, because they don’t use artificial ingredients.

Better in what way? I’ve had Unreal a few times and it’s fine as candy but it’s still mostly fat and sugar. IMO, any advantages over “regular” candy is marginal at best.

And “artificial” means what in this context? Whatever the answer is to that, why are non-artificial things “better”, let alone “healthier” than artificial ones? Certainly there are many things that are natural by any reasonable definition that are thoroughly unhealthy.

Geez, you guys need to lighten up. Don’t like candy? don’t eat it! Prefer not to eat sugar and fat? Don’t eat it!

Some of us like the ideas behind this candy company, and like the idea of fewer artificial ingredients in our candy. We’re not trying to start a debate.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that neither of you are in their targeted marketing demographic. They’re not trying to *convince *anyone of anything. They’re trying to *appeal *to people who have already made up their minds that “natural” candy is “healthier” than “regular” candy.