Shape Of My Heart-done in playing cards

Shawn Farquhar (who fooled Penn and Teller) performs a card trick in sync with Sting’s Shape of My Heart.

Sorceror!

That’s actually easy to do. All it takes is a couple of thousand hours of dedicated practice. :slight_smile:

OK, I can see how he does some of those elements, and if it were just the 5h that keeps coming up, I wouldn’t be all that impressed… But then when he works in the aces, kings, and jack, too, well, that’s a lot to keep in order. Near as I can tell, he’s keeping track of an even dozen different cards through all of the false shuffles. It’s still not complicated, but it takes a lot of skill.

I’d like to see him do “Ace of Spades” or “the Jack.” If he did the latter, he could ask Fran or whoever to pee in a cup or take a culture for the twist. Tada! You have gonorrhea.

Close up magic tricks are just fucking awesome.

Absolutely - this is both wonderful entertainment and a testament to skill.

(And the guy fooled Penn when Penn was holding the deck!)

I don’t know if I should thank you or hate you for sharing this. I’ve watched it so many times that now I have a mindworm.

Dang, I love his pleased and happy face when he does it perfectly.

How did he make the bent card come to the top? I don’t care about the rest. I only want to know this before…well, before I die. :slight_smile:

OK, I watched him fool Penn and Teller as well.

What is a “neck switch” as Penn states during the explanation?

Deck switch. Substituting another deck for the original.

:smack:

Thanks!