Speak to me only in Science Fiction

Okay, by now we all know how this type of thread works. You can use any science fiction source, novels, TV, short stories, movies, etc. Posts can be up to one paragraph long.
"You had a jumpship and you gave it away?"

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire’s sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy…

Resistance is futile.

Never tell me the odds.

Travel the Stars in Peace.

But leave in pieces!

Space Herpes!!

Game over, man! Game over!

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

No need to panic, my young friends. We all know there are no more living Cybermen. What you are seeing is a miracle. The 699[sup]th[/sup] wonder of the Universe. As displayed before the Imperial court and only here to destroy you at chess. Careful now! An empty shell and yet it moves. How?

“You’re in a desert, walking along in the sand when…”
“Is this the test now?”
“Yes. You’re in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a…”
“What one?”
“What?”
“What desert?”
“Doesn’t make any difference what desert… it’s completely hypothetical.”
“But how come I’d be there?”
“Maybe you’re fed up, maybe you want to be by yourself…who knows. So you look down and see a tortoise. It’s crawling toward you…”
“A tortoise. What’s that?”
“Know what a turtle is?”
“Of course.”
“Same thing.”
“I never seen a turtle.”

I’m not in the business. I am the business.

I knew it! I’m surrounded by Assholes!

Don’t mock me my friend. It’s a condition of mental divergence. I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

A zygote is a gamete’s way of producing more gamete’s. This may be the purpose of the universe.

What an amazing new smell you’ve discovered!

“Ivan, one of these days somebody is going to pull out a weapon and plug you, and you’re going to die in bewilderment, crying, ‘What did I say? What did I say?’”

“Sic transit mundus”

He’s right. There isn’t another way, there never was. Either I destroy my own people or let the universe burn.

Are you classified as human?

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.