Will I be able to jump into American Horror Story: Freak Show tonight?

I watched the first couple of season 1 episodes on Amazon last night. No time to catch up on the seasons I missed before tonight’s season premiere. Will I be totally lost?

Each season stands alone as a series. Some of the same actors are in every season, but they play different parts. I’ve watched all three seasons and cannot wait for this new one. Jessica Lange is a wonder.

Thanks!

Hopefully this means Season 3 will hit Amazon Prime sometime soon.

That is one creepy fucking clown.

Yep. If you weren’t afraid of clowns before, you will be now!

At least Evan Peters is still hot.

I am a huge Kathy Bates fan, and she is certainly up to her usual awesomeness.

I think that clown wins, hands down, for the most awful creepy clown EVER.

Last year, I found some of Kathy Bates storyline so disturbing I could not watch (her scenes in the attic with those poor slaves). I have a feeling this year will be the same with that horrible clown. I can’t get that poor girl and young boy in the cage out of my head.

That clown’s name should be Zippy Sardonicus! I’ll assume you know the reference.

Ryan Murphy does it again! Incredible!!

It sure seems to owe a lot to Tod Browning’s “Freaks” but the clown has to be inspired by William Castle’s “Mr. Sardonicus” (1961).

https://www.google.com/search?q=mr.+sardonicus&hl=en&biw=1255&bih=682&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xpg2VMbRIMjKggT92oLwAg&sqi=2&ved=0CKwBEIke

The clown reminded me of Captain Spaulding from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects.

Is the actress playing tiny Indian lady really that small or is it special effects only?

And for some reason Evan Peters giving women the shocker with his claw hand really freaked me out.

+1 to both.

Can anyone place that accent that Kathy Bates is doing. Canadian maybe?

She is thereal deal.

I wondered the same thing.

At times she sounded remarkably like Lily Tomlin.

I read a preview for next week - Twisty takes off his mask and reveals why he needs to wear it. Ouch.

I thought Kathy Bates’ accent sounded like some folks I’ve known from Pennsylvania. They round off some of their words or something. Hard to describe.

I think Kathy Bates is imitating John Travolta from HAIRSPRAY.

And it’s one of the few times when the Hollywood version might have been LESS horrible than the reality. Mme. Lalaurie and her husband were truly two of the world’s most evil creatures.