Taking a break from the board

For the first time in a very long time I need to take a long break from posting here. I have a novel I’ve been working on for a while and I’ve definitely been using the SDMB to distract myself from the tough parts of that task. If I ever want to finish this thing I can’t do that anymore. At times lately I’ve been kind of short-tempered with other posters because I knew I needed to do this but wasn’t ready to take this step. I think I have something that could be really great here and I have to find out what I can make it with a 100% effort. The only way to make it work is to cut out as many distractions as I can, so I don’t plan to post again at least until that’s finished. My ban ‘record’ will stay in the low five figures, at least for now. I’ll still be working with the mods behind the scenes when time permits and I’ll still be reachable by email. I would say it’s been a pleasure, but I wouldn’t have put so much time into this place if it hadn’t been. Thanks for everything.

No kidding.

Enjoy your sabbatical, and good luck with the book.

Regards,
Shodan

The night was. . .

Have a good break and don’t forget to post the pre-order amazon link to your novel in the Barnhouse :wink:

Best wishes, come back soon, and good luck on your book! You will be missed. What’s it about, by the way?

Be well and be good.

I’ve moderated message boards before and my hat is off to anyone else who does.

Best of luck as you finish the novel!

Thanks for all the fun bans and best wishes on your book, Marley.

It’s about this spunky quadriplegic girl in a wheelchair…

Good luck! And come back soon.

…moist.

Good luck, Marley - you were one of the good ones!

Can you put in a secret chapter where the characters have a wild orgy?

Good luck Marley, and thanks for being a moderator. I know I couldn’t do it.

Inevitably, having banned everyone else, Marley finally gets around to banning himself.

We’ll be here when your [del]resolve wavers[/del] work is finished!

Good vibes your way and please please pop your head in now and again.

Reading Is FUNdamental :wink:

May you have great success finishing your book, Marley. And may your hiatus from modding (and us!) do you good. Cheers!

A nature preserve in Thailand as experienced by the people and animals there. It’s about all the ways humans’ and animals’ journeys intersect and what they can mean to each other.

No, I think he means the ones who didn’t deserve it.

Best of luck, Marley. Don’t forget to leave your jackboots on the way out.

…the night was…