Why are new posters duplicating recent OPs?

Lately we are seeing new posters whose first post is an exact duplicate of a recent OP by some other board member. Anyone know what this is about?

spam scam.

Lately we are seeing new posters whose first post is an exact duplicate of a recent OP by some other board member. Anyone know what this is about?

spam scam.

How does it work? There doesn’t appear to be any new content in their post.

And the latest trick(that doesn’t work) is to leave one post without links to simulate a legitimate post.

ETA:@Machine Elf
They post several duplicates, one of which is without spam.

There is a small group of a-holes in Bangladesh who are behind all of this. Their technique is to copy existing posts to get around our spam filter. Then they go back and edit those posts to put in their live stream spam links.

Sometimes they leave a few posts without modifying them. Some message boards will instaban you if your first post contains a link. We don’t do that here, but their unmodified posts are an attempt to avoid that type of automatic spam banning.

The ones I;'ve seen have included links to streaming sports stuff - usually the fisrt post is edited to add the data - or maybe they are now doing it as a response.

otherwise - its just testing the system so they can do spam scam.

Lately we are seeing the very best in free pro and college basketball streaming with no need for proxiesby some other board member. Anyone know what this is spam scam?

Enjoy the very best Rick Astley videos with no need for proxies.

I don’t know if that if goofy or terrifying.

I would expect that to be one of the bad guys from the walking dead as he enters with a baseball bat.

Now I might be wrong but to my ears I’m hearing that you guys might be denying me access to Sexy Bangladeshian Women who want to chat with me.

It’s a real video. According to what I heard or read is that he’s a Russian guy who was singing an American song but the Russians forbade him from singing the words so he trololololololololo’d it. Many years later when he was old his grandkids found the video and showed it to him and he was amused that so many people had watched his old video.

Note that some boards (not ours) require that a new poster make X (~5) posts before they can make a post with a link.

So they try to automate the process: Make a few, spread out posts that look like regular threads and then post the spam.

It also helps id boards that have weak or strong spam detection. When they try to post again and find their account blocked, they try something else.

Automated processes by scum are generally obvious. But they still try.

Unlikely. Both of them already have boyfriends.

You thought that was terrifying? How about this? (Creepy, but totally safe for work.)

Why do You People do this to me?
:dubious:

Hey, you never know, one of those two might be of the bisexual nature and I look sexy in a wig and form fitting red dress and matching heals.

Because we love you, you beautiful human being.

Since the answer was a no brainer and answered, I’m closing this.

samclem, moderator