What Episode Of Your Favorite Show Has Brought You To Tears?

I just got finished watching the NYPD Blue episode in which Bobby dies, and it got me bawling. I’ve never cried at any other episode of ANY show, but this one struck me so deeply and personally, that I cried for a long long time after that.

So I’m wondering, what other episodes of any show have been so emotional that it has brought you to tears?

CNN’s epic mini-series “Desert Storm”.
Man, what a show…

My favorite show is The Simpsons. I can honestly say I’ve never cried because of an episode. I feel so heartless…
~Kittie

Last season’s finale to Buffy. Specifically, when Anya loses it because nobody will tell her what she’s supposed to do or feel after Joyce dies.

I was feeling guilty too, kittie. I really haven’t ever cried.

But after the graduation episode of Boy Meets World I shed a couple of tears. :slight_smile: And no, I didn’t cry on the last episode ever because by then the show had started to suck. But seeing little Cory, Topanga, and Shawn all grown up. Even Minkus. From then on, it started to rot, but it was all good before.

I believe you are thinking of “The Body,” rather than the season finale. That was one powerful episode. Damn I love me some Buffy.

I’ve noticed that most people around here aren’t too fond of ST: Voyager, but when they came through the wormhole thingy in the last episode and saw Federation ships, I was tearing up. Guess I’m just a big sap!

I’ll admit to shedding a few tears at the end of Babylon 5. Man, that was a great show.

The TV-movie that was supposed to wrap up “Homicide: Life on the Street”, in which Al Giardello gets shot.

Thirtysomething- the episodes where Nancy & Elliot are having marital difficulties & then they split up, and how their son Ethan deals with it. It made me think about when I was a kid and my parents separated.

The X-Files episode “The Field Where I Died”. David Duchovny finally gets a chance to emote, and does so quite well. Some other episodes made me tear up, but I don’t know the names of them.

Some people I know got all teary-eyed during the last episode of Babylon 5.

I cried during the last episode of “Sy. Elsewhere”, but the last episode ended so badly that I think I was sad about that.

The final episode of MASH.

I was eight, though, and I think that may be the last time I ever cried without the aid of my mother applying a hairbrush to my butt.

I routinely tear up during the West Wing. I don’t consider myself a patriotic person, but that show gets me about 1/2 the time.

Twin Peaks, the episode in which Laura Palmer’s father has his “revelation” in the Sherrif’s holding cell.

Very touching, and no matter how many times I see it it still drives me to tears.

The episode where Radar left the 4077 was a teary farewell, too.

Finally, in my weakest moment, I seem to remember getting misty over the Drew Carey show when he confessed his feelings for Kate while she overheard. We’ve all got our skeletons.

I second the B5 finale. I just saw it for the second time yesterday evening, and I cried like a baby.

The finale of B5, every single damn time, I’ve seen it, but only while they destroy the station itself. Two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night.

Also, West Wing, when Mrs. Landingham died.

“The Body” episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I never cried so much at a TV show before. Anya’s breakdown had me crying for hours.

The season finale of West Wing. I liked Mrs. Landingham. :frowning: I also cried at the Christmas episode in the first season, when Mrs. Landingham was talking about her sons.

Edmund Blackadder died at the end of every series (except the third, when he got the Prince Regent to die for him), but the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth was really pretty moving. It started off as a normal show but gradually spiralled towards the inevitable: they were actually for real going to have to go over the top. The laughs dried up expertly as the characters got more and more frightened, and I think what made it for me was that Blackadder stayed pretty cool throughout. His last words: “Good luck everyone” showed him still in control. We waited for the big joke, of course, but it never came: a shot of them running into the exploding darkness of no-man’s-land, and then a genuinely tasteful fade onto the poppyfields of Normandy today.

I cried as much as I ever do. It was pretty clever, because it was really the 14-18 war that finished off the lifestyles in which a Blackadder-Baldrick relationship could still commonly exist. People still have batmen and butlers and servants, but not like they did. It was fitting and appropriate to end there.
I haven’t seen Blackadder Back and Forth, but I doubt it tried to genuinely return to form. It sounds like more of a special edition.

I’ve never actually been moved to tears by a TV show, but the show that came closest was “Sleeping in Light”–the B5 finale that several people have mentioned. Like Podkayne, it’s the fate of the station itself that gets to me the most, although the gathering of friends is moving as well.

Hey, I get a little misty-eyed at the end of the episode where Homer explains to Bart and Lisa why there are no pictures of Maggie in the family album.

[Moe]
Awww, jeez, you’re gettin’ me all misty eyed here.
[/Moe]

I 'll also thow my vote in for Buffy - both “The Body”, and the one from a couple of seasons ago when Buffy had to kill Angel. And tehn of course, the “Angel” episode in which Doyle dies.