Time to start rounding up the Arabs!

Because we all know that they’re the only people who could be responsible for what happened to the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. It’s also well known that all Arabs are terrorists and obviously support the killing of innocent Americans. Lord knows no American would do such a thing.
Sigh. Sorry; it’s just a pre-emptive strike at what I know will happen- hundreds of talking heads jumping on TV to talk about Arab terrorism and Muslim extremists well before anyone really knows what’s going on. Just like in Oklahoma. And lots of private racism, and insults, and things about how “your people” do this sort of stuff.
I hope it doesn’t happen. But somehow, I doubt it.

John, I have already heard anti-Chinese rhetoric, this in response to the “spy plane” incident.
Although I have heard reports that the Palestinian DFLP on Abu Dhabi tv is claiming responsibility.

You’re right of course John. Placing blame is premature.

One thing that seems clear though is that the attacks in NY and DC are sophisticated efforts. A single individual or a small organization is unlikely.

I’ve already heard the same thing from many others: “Blame the towelheads!” We have at this time no clue who is behind this. I heard the same thing when Oklahoma City blew up, and it turned out to be whie Americans.

I don’t care who it is. Just find them and execute them.

Yeah, I remember walking across the street downtown in 1995 and running into a friend who said “someone just blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City.” My immediate response was “It’s probably those home-grown militia boys” due to the heartland location and the militias’ prominence in the news at that time. Then the news started coming in about U.S. cops grabbing people of colour trying to board planes in airports…Italians, Hindus…

Forgive me John, but I really don’t think this is the time for rightious indignation over assumptions of guilt. Save it until we KNOW who did this evil evil thing.

Whoever did this must pay.

With rivers of blood.
that is all.

[randy newman voice]
No one likes us-I don’t know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let’s drop the big one and see what happens
[/randy newman voice]

When I first saw the thread title and OP I was shocked. I wondered who kidnapped our level headed John and posted here. I was grateful to read what was actually the OP (not a common reaction to a pit thread)

Frightening situation.

(particlewill re-read the OP please)

If a Muslim terrorist group DID commit these acts (and I’m thinking that’s so), there’s no reason for Americans to condemn all Muslims in a fit of xenophobic rage and revenge. of I hope the Muslims living here are safe and won’t be be used as scapegoats for the acts of others.
On the other hand, Osama Bin Laden better watch his ass!

This will cause a huge “anti-foreign” backlash in general.

So, who’s still against capital punishment now? Please post - I and others would like to see the reasons why this doesn’t warrant it.

Just wondering is all…

Why? So he can watch while he laughs it off?

I wish we could quit pansy-assing around trying to catch this coward and do what we used to do:Post up a sizable reward for the person who delivers his severed head on a platter.

But then Alan Dershowitz would go on t.v. complaining about civil liberties and blah,blah,blah.

Patience folks. We’ll get them, and we’ll get them, but good. Let’s just wait until we’ve got a good idea of who “they” are.

Meanwhile, I’m thinking that this will be the water-shed event that puts an end to tollerance for terroism.

Palestinian terrorist group denies carrying out attacks

One of my very good friends at work, Mohammad, is of course concerned about possible anti-Arab backlashes. Coincidentally, just yesterday we were discussing the movie The Siege and the anti-Arab sentiment in that movie. I fully agreed with him, and expressed my concern of premature knee-jerk reactions.

However, thousands of Palestinians cheering in the streets isn’t helping matters any.

You thousands of people celebrating this:

Fuck. You.

At this point, my thoughts are with the victims, their families. I don’t have time presently to think about political positions, future retaliation etc. YMMV.

From CNN.

“We want to tell the American children that Afaganistan feels your pain and we hope that [the courts find justice” -or something to that effect. I couldn’t hear it too well]

Taliban spokesman

My guess is that it’s either Libya or Iraq.

Interesting that the headline refers to the DFLP as a “Palenstinian terrorist group,” given the fact that this is a moderate organization that was one of the first islamic groups to condemn terrorism years ago.