Americans are unsure witch country to invade

The comments on the site says it’s a comedy show? :confused: :dubious:

The interesting thing is that they say “Iran”, “North Korea”, or “France”, and then scan the map and end up pinning Australia, with the indicated name already printed on it. Seems a little fishy/staged, unless ALL the countries were mislabeled, and Australia just happened to stand out because it’s isolated. But if they were truly all mislabeled, I think even the most gullible would catch on.

There’s also the possibility that they were expecting a lot of people to say Iran and North Korea, so they made up those maps in advance, but France? Were they really expecting a lot of people wanting to invade France, who would then think it’s located in the middle of the Pacific?

I can’t believe anyone could be so ignorant and naive as to suggest this - the Netherlands?!?

Have you no idea at all how hard it is to beat Peter Pan?

Glad you find the query so jocular; just hope it’s no one in your family that’s’ bloodied-up.

Glad you find the query so jocular; just hope it’s no one in your family that’s’ bloodied-up as the punch line.

If I were looking for MacDonalds, I’d go to Scotland.

We did this one last year, Bomb the Fuckers!

From post#30 in that thread.

*All:
We done the passion fruit.

Sgt.:
What?

Chapman:
We done the passion fruit.

Palin:
We done oranges, apples, grapefruit…

Jones:
Whole and segments.

Palin:
Pomegranates, greengages…

Chapman:
Grapes, passion fruit…

Palin:
Lemons…

Jones:
Plums…

Chapman:
Mangoes in syrup…

Sgt.:
How about cherries?

All:
We did them.

Sgt.: Red and black?

All:
Yes!

Sgt.:
All right, bananas.

(All sigh.)

Sgt.:
We haven’t done them, have we? Right. Bananas. How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. Now you, come at me with this banana. Catch! Now, it’s quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.

Palin:
Suppose he’s got a bunch.

Sgt.:
Shut up.*

What country is Minotaurus in? I think that’s the one we should invade. We can’t let the world get away with mocking us!

Micky D’s and KFCs are everywhere baby! The world is our personal shitter, so don’t fuck with us! Biatch!

It’s an Australian comedy show I think. It is definitely staged to encourage people to show their ignorance.

I suspect so because the Ozzies are so desperate for attention that ignorant Yanks jamming tiny flags into their mislabeled wee island gives them a thrill, rather like the ugly girl in high school who feels a tingle when the popular kids nod an absent-minded “hello” to her. You’re the Meg Griffin of continents.

:smiley:

Last year’s passion fruit.

I’m still waiting for my magic kangaroo gold, by the way. Goddamn North Koreans!

It’s Aussie. But otherwise, yeah.

i especially liked it when this guy tried to locate Iran and pointed his finger at Australia :smiley: :smiley:

'Cuz as we all know, Americans are a bunch of ignorant, bloodthirsty yahoos always looking for an excuse to kill someone. Good thing there are enlightened, progressive intellectuals like you to save the rest of the planet from us.

You realise that Australia had “Iran” written on it?

I gather the book the interviewer was carrying had many fake maps, with index tabs. If the subject said “Iran”, the interviewer would pick the page where the continent of Australia had IRAN written on it and invite the subject to locate the country and suggest an invasion route. Same if they said North Korea or any other major trouble spot. Knowledgeable people who found their named country in its proper place, undistracted by the mislabeled Australia, were edited out.

Not to belabour the obvious, of course.

Is it a good witch or a bad witch?

I’ve watched Jay Leno do “Man On The Street” interviews at Universal City Walk. If you seem to be able to tie your own shoes, they won’t talk to you. Any hint of knowledge is edited out. Face it, to TV, smart isn’t funny.

Eleanor, they were talking about Iran, so I think it was a sand-witch.