Can you refuse to have your mugshot taken?

That’s what happens!

You know, of the dozens of stories I’ve heard of offenders fighting cops during arrest and even at booking, I’ve never heard of someone fighting to not have their mugshot taken. I guess if you’re going to fight, by the time you get cuffed, get to the station, get booked, and get your mughsot taken, you’re too gassed to fight too much harder.

Either that, or just chalk it up to “everyone likes getting their picture taken.” All the big-timers have famous mugshots, don’t you want one too? Would you rather sneer at the camera with your trademarked ice-cold killer glare, or cry about having your picture taken like a 2 year old at Sears? :wink:

The Canadian statute which authorises the taking of mug shots and finger-prints is The Identification of Criminals Act. It specifically authorises the use of force when taking photos and fingerprints under the Act:

I don’t know about Amish and Druids, but there have been cases lately involving Muslim women and veils and such. In the debates I’ve seen, it has applied to driver’s licenses and such. Some areas are more accomodating than others.

But it might be a Real Life Issue for mug shots.

(Aside: You know, it’s kinda weird doing a Dope posting after spending time coding. I keep wanting to add braces and slashes all over the place for some stupid reason.)

Yeah, enough with the gratuitous mugshot postings.

Like this guy?

That’s not polite!

Okay, that’s a real funny bunch of pics to scroll through. A lot of idiots with ironic t-shirts and crazies. But can someone explain to my why she is one of the mugshots???

Am I daft? It looks like the simple shot of a fairly attractive and young brunette. I can’t pick out any ironic slogans or physical deformities. Is it just funny because she’s smiling, and so someone shouldn’t be smiling for a mugshot?

I was told specifically not to smile. I did as I was told.

I guess it’s just that she looks so cute, impish, and nonchalant. More like a school photo than a mugshot.

I dunno, but I got a giggle out of it.