Do a majority of women stuff their bra?

30E…not so much with the padding, although they still seem to offer it in my size.
why???

I call those bras “bullet bras” because they are so thick you could deflect bullets with 'em. I hate em. They aren’t comfortable, and I feel like I’m strapped in and bound. Ugh. They are very popular here too.

I’m a smaller size. I don’t mind, and I don’t need to falsely advertise otherwise. I do own two padded bras (one beige, one black) because I own a couple of dresses and a top that if I don’t wear the padded bra with, the front hangs down too far and exposes my bra. (Because I’m not naturally chesty enough to fill out the front properly.) But since I absolutely hate the constricted feeling of bullet bras, I rarely wear the clothing that requires 'em.

I’ve never padded a bra because I can’t be bothered with stuff like that (to me it’s like wearing a wig, or fake nails or something… I just can’t be bothered, although if other people wanna do it, fine by me.)

I prefer a bra made of thinner or plain material so that I can forget I’m wearing it.

Hey, I’m only a 36B and even I think padding makes my boobs look ridiculous.

NO pading, plain fabric, maybe a bit of underwire, and I’m happy.

irishgirl, a 30E? Yowza.

I’m a small size, and I’ve never stuffed anything into my bra apart from my breasts, and don’t know anyone else who has. It’s hard to buy a bra that doesn’t have any padding at all though. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

The thing about the weird foam padding is that it shifts, so after washing it, you have this bizarre wrinkle in your bra.

Seam rippers are your friend…

:eek: That HAS to be a typo!

DD. Not only is it getting harder and harder to find a DD with no padding, it’s nearly impossible to find one without freakin hardware in it. I have never understood why anyone ever thought putting metal in underwear was a useful thing.

Well lorinada, if the day ever comes that you want to wear your boobs up around your ears, in place of some sort of jewelry, you’ll be thankful for that hardware.

What? It could happen.

:smiley:

Pepper Mill (who is not DD) feels the same way about underwire, and laments the passing of her favorite brand of non-underwired bras. She’s always searching for other kinds.

Having tried to visualize an underwire jockstrap, I appreciate her pain. Yow!

I agree that the padding is getting ridiculous. I like big boobns as much as the next guy. (In fact, probably a lot more than the next guy), but some of the bras in the lady’s intimates section at Penneys look as if you don’t actually need a woman in them. A lonely guy could just take a few bras home.

originally posted by CalMeacham:

Heh. Finally an answer to all those “I’m a nice guy … why can’t I get a date ?” threads.

Maybe it depends on body shape. Mine tend to fall to the side so the underwires keep them up in front where they belong. For me, that’s useful.:smiley:

30E?! Jesus Christ on a Greyhound bus! How does one live with those things? Recuperates from the shock To answer the OP, I really don’t think so. I haven’t stuffed my bra since I was 10 and I don’t know anyone else who does. I’ve run into few women who wear padded bras and I really don’t see those things clogging up the lingerie dep’t like most of you do apparently. I usually see the padding on smaller sizes.

Ya see?! This is why I say we men need to bring the cod piece back into fasion.

I used to be accused of it, but I never did.

I’m an A cup. I LIKE being an A cup. I do NOT want padding. Anybody who is disinterested in me solely because of my small but proportionate breasts can just BITE me. (But not on the girls!)

I also do not want underwires. Hell, when I’m wearing a dark colored shirt, I often don’t bother with a bra at all. It feels so free. I expect that will change if or when gravity catches up with me.

Asked a friend last night. She’s a 40D, if memory serves. She basically confirmed what most of the posters here have said: she is in need of new bras and is having a hell of a time finding unpadded ones in her size. (Seems loopy to me; how big have they got to be already?) The girl is going to some pretty absurd lengths to avoid buying the padded ones, but she’s concerned she may have to get them due to the lack of alternatives.