Dumbest Game Show Question Ever

dippymonger said:

OK, so I may be stupid, but who is this, really? I guess I just don’t know enough Italian revolutionary history to be considered smart in your book, Dippymonger.

i am wondering the same thing, necros.

i really don’t see that as everyday knowledge.

and to top it all off, it was mentioned by a poster that didn’t know how to use a search engine to find out who casanova was.

hmmm…

so who was it, anyway?

Maybe we’re idiots, b/c I can’t find anything on this so called Italian revolutionary hanging. This link seems to be a pretty good authority on Italian witchcraft and the only thing mentioned in that time period is a woman who is tried and imprisoned in 1640. Will someone please clear this up.

Correction: The date of trial is 1649, I guess I read the article to fast.

This was on Benny Hill. He was playing the worlds smartest man taking on a computer. The computer spit out the answer “pockets.” When it did, Benny started erasing his answer.

So are you being sarcastic or what?

ALLEDGEDLY (although probably a UL) on “MR & Mrs” a UK show that sounds like it was similar to “Newlyweds”

Q Where was the last place you had sex?
A Up the ass

BTW this was my 100th post - I’m so proud :slight_smile:

My favorite WWTBAM question was:

Which vegetable is also a sport?
a) Rutabega
b) celery
c) squash
d) Eggplant

the guy actually had to talk his way to the answer… i just cannot watch that show.

I’m beginning to think that post was the main inspiration for this posting. In other words, we “slammed” him for not using a search engine, he can return the favor.

I’m guessing the Italian revolutionary question is just sarcasm… Or else my schooling is worse than I thought.

ahhhh, it’s all coming back to me now.

And that seals it… I remember that now. Thanks guys

-dook

Actually, devoid of context, that’s a good question… it requires thinking, “Where do I know that line?” remembering, singing it, and answering, “Nothing,” before anyone else does.

I attended a taping of “Family Feud” once. I thought that I would finally get a chance to be part of that “polled studio audience” that answered the questions, but it doesn’t work that way – I only got to watch the show (they must poll some OTHER audience).

In any event, one question was “Name a country in South America”. Bear in mind that, in Family Feud, it doesn’t matter if the answer is factually correct or not – you just have to match the studio audience answer. To my relief, all the answers WERE countries in South America. But it would have been possible for a significant portion of the audience respond “Rio de Janeiro” or “Italy”. If they did, that would have been a valid response. (Although I suspect they really wouldn’t let that go out on the air.)

John Larrigan, some of those are too freaking funny! The weird associations people make huh? It probably would tell a psych major a whole lot about what’s happening in their heads …