Ever get revenge on a bad neighbor?

We like to call it liberating or asset reallocation.

If you live in West Pulaski County, Arkansas, I want my ladder back.
:slight_smile:

I’d call this the sweetest kind of revenge. I’m sure most people with bad neighbors wish they could just throw the bums out.

Well, the entire neighborhood is aware of the fact it’s their kids and kid’s friends that have committed multiple acts of vandalism in the neighboorhood. Effectively they’ve been shunned by all the neighbors, the rest of whom are really nice, pleasant people.

We all do stuff with each other, help in times of need, I’ve shared smoked briskets and pork butts with everyone else but they (assholes) get nothing but a cold shoulder. I’m not going to do anything illegal or wrong but these jerks used to attend block parties when they first moved in and I know it bothers them that they’re excluded now. Tough.

Eh, just outlive them.

A former next door neighbor would walk his dog only as far as my front yard, knowingly. Didn’t bother trying to actually walk him. This went on for a while without us noticing. He never picked anything up. One day I went out there with a glove, picked up everything I could find, and tossed it into his yard.

They moved out after that, but I’m sure that was a coincidence.

*Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.*Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’

In other words, revenge is always a bad idea- other than “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”. It’s almost always illegal, and if not, then it’s quite likely to go wrong and make you feel horrible or start a cycle of revenge- and those you are getting revenge against hardly ever think they deserve it. Revenge also had a habit of backfiring.

Next few of those that I know who actually got revenge was happy about it. Combine that with the chance of it going wrong- and it’s never a good idea.

Of course, you can try to make things right- sue someone for damages, report their illegal activities, and so forth.

How was he to know you hadn’t just vacated the spot? You agree that you failed to mark it properly as tradition requires.

Great example!

Not so much revenge but karma.

Living in the city can be a crap shoot for who your neighbors are. Next door was a three family house. Owner on first floor, rentals on 2nd and third.

Inevitably the renters were to blame. Loud music all times of the day; all night parties; drug buyers at all times of the day banging on the door and yelling; barking dogs; filthy dog owners.

Calls to the police typically forced the owner to make the renters leave.

The owner died a couple years back, and the son took ownership, it went downhill fast. The last two years of renters were drugged out partiers, bike gunners, drunk yellers, and one of the last renters had a dog that WOULD NOT SHUT UP!

Calls to the police fixed some of it, but the dog, oh the dog. Filthy conditions, overfed, underfed and it would not shut up. The dog officer finally fined them $250 for noise ordinance when I called the night before at 3am because the dog would not shut up, and the officer heard the dog on the phone.

They kept the dog in the house, and it quieted down for a while. Then they moved the dog into the front room with all the windows open so the dog’s barking could ECHO OUT OF THE HOUSE.

On the second or third night of this, we were losing our mind and determined to call a lawyer, the person on the third floor threw a cigarette out his window onto the second floor porch roof, and it caught fire.

Now, I am thankful no one got hurt. The damage was limited to the front of the house, mostly exterior. The owner was broke, he had no insurance, the house had all kinds of code violations. The city deemed it unlivable.

They are all gone. For the first time in 16 years, it has been a quiet 6-8 months. We’re selling soon, so IF anyone buys it, we’ll be gone.

The only sad part is that the owner stole all the tools that the guy on the third floor had stored in the garage.

I never heard of that, but it rarely snows here.

Well, that could be one interpretation…

I prefer these! :smiley:

That wasn’t me!

That’s how I see it!

Any ladders in there? :wink:

I find this to be a satisfying philosophy on quite a number of different levels.

You don’t live in Peekskill do you?

If the 16’ multi position I bought from the neighbor’s moving sale is liberated from my garage, I’m coming looking for you. What the hell do you do with all those ladders, fence them? :dubious:

I had one that pretty much did that. For years prior, he kept trying to draw me into whacky extremest FOX News type conversations when I’d walk by. After years of nodding at his ridiculous crap, he finally decided I wasn’t his cup of Tea Party
when I started walking away from him in the middle of his loud political rants. (Bonus Points: he’d usually be standing on My front lawn while he gave them.) Then came the summer when Bill O’Reilly was urging the Tea Party Faithful to riot and
disrupt town hall meetings. This guy, who was a small-time politician, was upset that his ranting buddies kept getting dragged away from town hall meetings in cuffs… and decided that it was All MY Fault. :smack:

So, he started putting his garbage in front of my house. He started doing it when I wasn’t around. I saw it and my wife pleaded with me not to ring his doorbell (he was also the neighborhood bully and built like an ape).
But one time he decided to put his garbage out on my lawn while I was home. At that point, I decided to speak to him. At first I started with the, “but why would you do that?” approach.
Then I tried reasoning with him with “How would you feel if I had ever put garbage on your lawn?” approach. The ape laughed.

I then asked him to move the garbage to the curb in front of his own house. He refused. I explained that if he wouldn’t move it to the curb, then I’d have to.
“Then I’ll just have to stop you.” he said.

Raising children, I learned long ago to ignore people blowing hot air and bad breath my way, so, knowing that it wouldn’t pick itself up, I started to pick up the garbage.
He then punched me. I was in shock, so I ignored that & still started moving with the garbage I was holding towards the curb. That’s when he punched me again. I stopped at the curb when he swung a third time, hitting me in the face.

I guess I just couldn’t turn the other cheek anymore and I snapped… and I actually (after 3 punches) hit him back. Unfortunately, when I did, I broke his nose. There were police that were called and charges and counter charges and we all went down to court.
The judge said he was an idiot for attacking me & that I was an idiot for hitting him back… and everything was dismissed.
(Actually, if he hadn’t been VERY politically connected, he would have SO gone to jail. His evidence pictures showed scrapes and rips on his right forearm, but not on his left. Mine showed bruises Only on the left side of my face. The garbage was mostly bundles of nettles and brambles. In other words, The Only Way he could have received those cuts was by punching me first, Through The Nettles, while I still had my hands full holding the bundle.)

Yeah, my neighbor is still there… he’s still an A-hole… and he still tries to give us a hard time when he can. (Last winter I caught him trying to force the guy who plowed out his driveway to plow the snow into mine. The Big Font of a phone’s dial pad reading “911” changed the contractors mind pretty quickly.) So, I can’t say that I ever really solved the problem with my neighbor.

I CAN say that I’m probably the only person that you will ever meet that has actually Broken The Nose of a Republican Politician. :wink:

…would that I weren’t… sigh

Hedley Lamarr: Now go do… that voodoo… that YOU do… SO WELL…!

Oh Lord, guide this man’s aim as he makes the voodoo doll…

I do not think that I have ever wanted to get revenge on my neighbor. I barely even know my neighbors or see them.

Alternative acquisition.