Ever get revenge on a bad neighbor?

Well, I haven’t got my revenge, but a neighbor that ticked me off is going to be really inconvenienced when I install my new fence. Just to be double sure I had the property line resurveyed.

This all started when he stole firewood from my backyard, then just kept pushing and pushing. The word bully comes to mind.

The other neighbors aren’t bad people but, the husband has Alzheimer’s and his wife still works to keep her mother in law in a care home, and her kids have pretty much abandoned their faith. She gets angry and can’t take it out on her family so she screams at me. I once arranged for the city to clean out the alley between our houses and she started screaming at me. She had wanted it done but the city works department can’t stand her and refused. I ask nice, they agree to do it. She then went to her councilman and got the city to reverse its decision JUST TO SPITE ME, EVEN THOUGH IT HURT HERSELF.

I shared a wall with some tweekers in an apartment complex. They themselves were bad enough, but they had a lot of really shitty people hanging around all the time. The weekend they moved in someone who obviously didn’t know how to break into a car did $2,000 in damage to my roommate’s truck before just breaking the window anyway to steal - no exaggeration - less than $3 in coins from his cup holder and a few bic lighters.

I started parking behind the building directly outside my bedroom window instead of my covered reserved parking space. One night I pulled into my new space and saw someone peeking in a window and holding his hand front of himself in an odd way like he was masturbating while completely oblivious to my car pulling up. I went inside and dialed 911, reporting what I saw but neglecting to mention that the guy lived there and was looking in his own window.

The first cop showed up in less than a minute. The tweeker screamed and ran. The cop caught him and roughed him up a bit. He was in possession of meth and paraphernalia and he got arrested. The management was pretty poor and didn’t want to deal with the problems the tenants were causing but by getting arrested on property for a drug charge everyone in the apartment was evicted under the Drug free crime free neighborhood program in which the complex participated. They had 24 hours to vacate and the dude wasn’t even out on bail yet by then.

Stealing my f–king ladder.

Midnight Requisition.

Hey, Goddammit! You moved away and left it there for months and months! What’s a ladder to do? It calls out for climin’! Can’t deny that fiberglass.

And I couldn’t get into the barn loft after the storm to clean up wiring. :dubious:

That guy is on my list of folks I want to see clinging to the Broadway Bridge at night by his fingernails. Put my heel on one of his fingers, and say, “Hi Gat (for lack of a better name)! I’m thinking of a number between one and five billion.”

:dubious:

Heh.

Did it ever occur to you that the stairs in the house might be kinda rickety, and the previous occupants had just been trying to get upstairs without breaking their necks?

What did he die of, a broken neck?

Well, there ya go. :smiley:

You did something nice for the person in your spot…what type of revenge was that? I would think doing something like having his vehicle towed out of your spot would give you pleasure?

I made him feel bad–physically, because he had to run, and possibly pyschologically, because I did something nice for him even though he’d been rude to me.

Jsmoove, welcome to the Dope. You may or may not have noticed the date on this thread, it’s a couple of years old so the person you responded to might not reply.

I love this. Kill them with kindness. Aggression begets aggression, but being kind to mean people just leaves them perplexed and, hopefully, feeling guilty.

Years ago I lived in a house with a friend on a quiet suburban neighborhood on a narrow road with one-side street parking. One winter it snowed pretty good and everyone on the street, normally neighborly and pleasant, suddenly went into siege mode over their cleared parking spaces. The neighborhood had permit parking but not reserved spaces so of course everyone got super-protective of the spot they’d shoveled out for themselves. It quickly turned into a passive aggressive arms race as people were putting out larger and larger obstacles in the street to “save” their space. So one night I put on my boots, grabbed my snow shovel and cleared out the entire street. It took me all night, and I was still shoveling when people were coming out in the morning to go to work. The surprise and contrition was absolutely delicious. Everyone was much, much nicer the next winter.

Say “ladder” again, Mother Fucker!

Outlived her, bought her house for pennies on the dollar at the foreclosure sale.

Did you burn it down?

Except, of course, she did. :smiley:

Yeah, that was rare. Next post no less.

I guess she didn’t die and have her house sold for pennies on the dollar…

I lived on a block that, not having a councilman or other politician living on it, was always on the bottom of the list to be cleared after a snowstorm. After a particularly heavy storm the whole block chipped in, labor and money to rent a smallish dump truck to haul the snow away in. The whole block was spick and span and everybody was pleased.

Then somebody from the next block parked his car there. This was a street of row homes so even with the whole block clear, there weren’t a lot of spare spaces. A note was left, “No contribution, no park.” He parked again there the next night. That night it dipped to about zero, so people showed up with buckets and the guy whose house it was in front of broke out his hose for a couple hours. By morning the car was encased in several inches of ice, and it remained there until March.

I love this story!

One time only, and it was a beautiful karmic payback.

Late 70s in Austin. We had just moved into a mobile home, gotten it all set up and furnished. Went out to dinner with a friend and when we came back, someone had welcomed us by breaking into our home. One of the things they stole was my .22 rifle.

The cops that took the report said that the folks who lived about a block and a half away were known burglars and scumbags. About a week after the burglary, I happened to notice them out back shooting a rifle. A .22, to be exact, and guess who used to own it? I called the cops and reported it. About 5 cars showed up, bunch of folks got cuffed and stuffed. I ID’d the rifle and some other things that we had lost and they were back in our possession within a month. The scumbags apparently all had priors and pled out to lesser charges avoid 3 strike sentencing.

Fortunately, I didn’t have to put up with them. My marriage broke up about that time, I kicked her out, sold the mobile home and moved back to Houston.