Giant Burmese pythons breeding in Florida swamps and battling alligators!

ahem

I panicked.

If you’re wondering, as I was, about the differences between pythons and constrictors, then this should tell you everything you wanted to know… also has info and pics on the Burmese Rock Python – including one where dinner is served (yum, yum!).

If you cram
Food into maw,
You should have
A detachable jaw…
Burma-snake.

This mother is no
Empty-nester.
When it comes to childcare,
She’s the bester!
Burma-snake.

"Okay, time’s up. Time to select a winner. Let’s ask Simon for his opinion. Nah, nobody actually cares about what he says. Skip that. So let’s check the vote tally and the winner is …

[drumroll]
lachesis’s second effort.
[/drumroll]

Congrats lachesis. Your prize is a partially digested python skin located south of Alligator Alley, near milepost 15.

That’s all for tonight folks, thanks for playing. Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting episode of Bad Poetry Thread Hijacking."

It’s clear to see

by these fine rants

Florida pythons outhang

those in our pants –

Burma-Snake.

IF in the 'Glades
You liie to walk
Beware of snakes,
As well as croc.

Burma-Snake.

Unhinged the jaw
A massive maw
It fit my paw
Into it’s craw

Burma Snake.

:smiley:

Well, sometimes it’s a code for Be Upstairs Ready My Angel.

Closely related is “Norwich:” (k)Nickers Off, Ready, When I Come Home.

It’s only natural to talk about serpents on the loose, but the sad truth is that the natural Florida environment is in grave condition because of alien PLANT species that thrive and spread like wildfire.

Brazilian Pepper
and Maleleuca,
like Mimosa
they don’t spook ya

like Burma Snakes

SQUEEEEEL
:smiley: :: bounce bounce :: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

oboyoboy! that will be just GREAT to add to my Halloween props collection. (is it ok if i have the In-Laws pick it up for me and bring it up on their annual Expedition North?)

seriously… aw, gee. thanks. really!

Damn. Hand me a rifle, I’m goin’ huntin’.

There’s a little put right up the street from me that serves ostrich burgers. I tried one, and was hooked. Ostrich has be be cooked a little on the rare side, because being very low in fat, it gets dry if you cook it well done.

Good stuff, though.