How much for a Fabergé spider brooch?

GAH! I saw that that one was a rerun, and I didn’t see the brooch in the description; so I deleted it!

Um, "Well I have found it, It turns out the faberge spider brooch is worth an estimated $80k! " isn’t much of a cite. Hardly enough to raise this zombie…

Probably, but Rick makes a good bit of cash simply because the cameras are there. When I was in Vegas this past March, I drove by the shop and there was a line to get in the place.

We generally drive past the place every time we are in town. Same thing…line down the street. Rick’s no dummy. They are making bank on that show. Enough that I’ll bet the Old Man actually smiles when he gets his check.

To get back to the original topic, I’m still of the opinion that the spider brooch was NOT FABERGE. It just wasn’t. I"ve seen nothing offered to say it was.

By FABERGE, I mean an item created in the workshop of Peter Carl Faberge prior to 1918.

At best, it’s a modern(1950-today) imitation.

More updates. Looks like Pawnstars may not have made the best appraisal decision in throwing 15K at that brooch.

That article which was cited in that seemingly pointless blog-post, refers to interest in, and rumors that Faberge makes a spider brooch currently. It has nothing to do with the brooch they bought on pawn stars.

You can also bet that before he paid $15,000 he had an expert look at it off camera. Remember, this is TV here and that entire exchange between the two was probably set up well in advance. Rich doesn’t actually stand there all day and say “what do you got there buddy?” to random people hoping that one of them has a treasure while the camera is on him. All those people and items on the show are screened like crazy.

****Did you guys stop for a second and remember that we are talking about a TV show ?

The producers of can bring any thing they whant to the show…it is a show, it is a tv show…who will take a tv show for real ?..

It is tv show, not real life!!

Faberge jewellery in a original box for $ US 2000 ? We better start to get our references in the real world !

Thanks!!

I managed to negotiate a watch tagged at $120 down to $15 in a pawn shop in Durham, NC a few years back without even trying, so… sometimes.
I’ll stop this part of the hi-jack right here. There are, however, at least 3 or 4 different pawn shop business models. Most of them do NOT work like the ones that get TV shows.