I'm getting a vasectomy!

I’ve been thinking about getting one too. There is a procedure where they put a clamp on the tubes rather than cutting them. Did you consider that kind?

I posted about this last summer here.

Financially, emotionally, logistically, having another child would just be too much. Plus, another offspring would make 3 SmithChildren, meaning SmithWife and I would be out-numbered. Not good.

Best. Surgery. Ever.

Just make sure that he snips both sides.

If he doesn’t, you’ll wind up half-vassed. :smiley:

That took some balls, Clothahump, but it didn’t quite cut it.

Any more snippets of wisdom?
:smiley:

And the answer is . . . Nut-cracking machines!

Okay, I had you mixed up with David Simmons.

For those who don’t know, poster David Simmons is in his 80s. I thought perhaps he had need of a vasectomy because he’d got himself a new wife. Penis ensued.

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Unless you prefer peas and carrots.

I know the Mods frown upon resurrecting old threads, but this thread isn’t that old, and…

Tomorrow is the big day! :eek:

Wish me luck!

:confused: Confusion ensues. Your OP said you’ll get cut on Oct. 21, yet your post just above mine has a date of “Today” (which, for those playing at home, is Nov. 3). Is my 'puter wonky? Or did you get delayed? And how did it go?

Inquiring minds must know.

Yeah - I couldn’t get it scheduled on the 21st like I originally planned. The thread had dropped off the bottom of the page by the time I found out, so I didn’t bother updating. The doctor’s office scheduled a consult first, which was mandatory prior to scheduling the proceedure. So in the interveing time between when I originally booked the consult and went to the consult, the openings on their schedule for the 21st had been booked. I could have done it last Friday, but that was SmithWife’s birthday. :smiley:

But, yes. Friday (tomorrow) is the big day.

Hell, wouldn’t that have been a fantastic birthday present for her?:smiley:

E.

Which?

The husband with an icepack on his balls, needing extra babying?

Or the promise of no sex?

:smiley:

SmithWife: For my birthday? Hmmm. I’d like a Coach bag, and ummm. No sex.

Winston: :dubious:

My biggest piece of advice: wear a jock strap. Briefs are not enough support. You’ll be glad later.

Well, I wish you good luck, minimal swelling and a speedy recovery, Winston Smith.

Indeed. Doc said if I didn’t have a jock strap with me whenI showed up for the procedure, he’d send SmithWife to get one, or otherwise he wouldn’t do it!
YaWanna Thanks! I’ve heard reports from both camps: from Walk in the Park to Arghhhhh. The humanity! Eeeeiiiiieeeeeeeeee!. And a few inbetween.

After feeling many tugs, each progressively harder, My doctor said “Damn! That left one is tough! Looks like we’re gonna need anoth incision.” I didn’t know whether to be proud or disappointed.

I feel your pain (not that pain - been there, done that). I have three kids, 2 of which are female. That makes me the only double minority in my family - 3 kids vs. 2 adults and 3 females vs. 2 males. Attacks from multiple directions, tenuous and short lived voting blocs, failed alliances - I’m living a reality TV show.

:eek: you mean you’re that small down there? :rolleyes:

OK. It feels like I’ve been kicked in the balls. The doc told me to expect it to feel like this, but it still sucks. Otherwise, no big deal, I guess. I’ll post later when I’m feeling less uncomfortable.