Mermaids?

I’d far rather go to a festival featuring The Folksmen, The New Main Street Singers, and Mitch & Mickey!

The Folksmen often open for Spinal Tap. A lot of Tap fans don’t get the joke, I hear.

You know what they say about guys with big feet. It’s a distraction.

Wiki page for another documentary on the subject.

Learned something new. Thanks. I’m going to have to check that out.

Of course, if mermaids existed in the form of aquatic hominids descended from the “aquatic ape” . . . then we would know all about them already, since prehistoric times. Because no mammal returning to the sea has ever yet managed to reinvent gill-breathing. They all need air, they all need to surface to breathe.

Also check out the CD sound track, which has several additional songs not in the movie. The songs are charming! They’re actually quite good. What’s really fun is that if you pay close attention, there is something wrong with every single song! The sea-chantey, for instance, doesn’t use one single nautical term correctly. The South American workers’ protest song uses formal high-Castillian Spanish pronunciation. Every single song has a solecism of some sort, often quite subtle. (Sometimes not!)

“…To the furbelow of the mighty whale!”

You clearly haven’t met my ex-girlfriend.