More legal chess moves in a game of chess than there are adams in the known universe?

Stanley Motss: I bet you’re great at chess.
Conrad Brean: I would be if I could remember how all the pieces moved.

Stranger

Well, if the article specified Adams “in the known universe,” we only have to survey the parts we know about. Assuming that no one has discovered life on another planet (and is keeping it secret), then, we only need to worry about earth, since any other Adams that exist do so outside of “the known universe.” That’ll save some time.

On another note, I knew a kid named Adam in elementary school. Little shite.

Ah, we weren’t supposed to bring up this post again. :eek:

<i>When it gets down to bare king versus bare king, that’s a mandatory draw after 50 moves a side.</i>

Where is that? The only official rules I’ve seen say that a player may claim a draw, not that he must do so, under those circumstances. (Obviously, you always would, and with a clock you couldn’t go on forever anyway, but that’s not the point, we’re nitpicking here)

A think they’re called a Patch.

My hat is off to you, sir.

Check out law 5.2b, expanded on at 9.6.

A bare King cannot be checkmated, even by colluding with the opposition, by:

• bare King
  • King and one minor piece (Bishop or Knight)

because, at minimum, a King commands the square it stands on and three others, and can be mated only if all four are covered. The stronger King can command two of the latter, but a Bishop or Knight can command either the remaining square or check the King, not both; so that’s a statutory draw at once. Neither player, fwiw, can then lose on time.

I think the book meant hydrogen atoms…here’s a bit taken from some astrophysicist guy from Texas A&M…no idea what his name is…

" A typical star weighs about 2x10^33 Grams, which is about 1x10^57 atoms of
hydrogen per star… That is a 1 followed by 57 zeros.
a typical galaxy has about 400 billion stars so that means each galaxy has
1x10^57 X 400,000,000,000 = 5x10^68 hydrogen atoms in a galaxy
There are possibly 80 billion galaxies in the Universe, so that means that
there are about:
5x10^68 X 80,000,000,000 = 4x10^79 hydrogen atoms in the Universe. But
this is definately a lower limit calculation, and ignores many possible
atom sources. That number Bob, is a 4 followed by 79 zeros."

W

As a nation, we are innovators when it comes to waxing balls. It turns out that the cheese really helps against the burning sensation.

This reminds me of Riddley Walker

The Littl Shyning Man, the Addom. Eusa grabbd him and pulld him a part like a chikkn. He split the Addom.